DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What would you 3D print for your Mavic?

I would print a device that I can mount on a Mavic 2 Pro that holds a Loc8tor button, a Dronekeeper Micro, a GetterBack and a GPS tracker...

For fusion 360 sign up as a hobbyist and it's free if I remember correctly.

If you're running the arc ii, then part of the LED is covered up by the enclosure.
Which drone are you flying? I make ARC mounts that are fully open on the front. For example, here's my Mavic Air ARC mount:

It looks like it's currently only free for students, teachers, and educators.

Fusion 360 | Free Software for Students and Educators | Autodesk

Yup, just got it for free with my teacher’s acct. thanks!

As I mentioned earlier, anyone here who wants to design their own things for free - even if you don’t have a printer - TinkerCAD is a great option and lets you send out your file online to a 3Dprinting service if you don’t have your own printer. You can even order metal parts that way.

Reactions: Former Member
Which drone are you flying? I make ARC mounts that are fully open on the front. For example, here's my Mavic Air ARC mount:

I have a spark and mavic pro platinum. I DEFINITELY like your mounts better.

Don't have a 3D printer but currently in need of what I think is considered the roll motor back cover as it would leave the wires exposed. Seems to be common that these parts get hairline cracks that overtime break off. Currently have it taped but if anyone is selling these or knows someone who is please let me know!

Attachments

• IMG_2532.jpg
    IMG_2532.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 47
Reactions: msinger
Yep fusion is free to regular joe blow, just have to dig a bit for it. It will ask u to pay after a year but u just renew the hobbyist license and off u go

Printed Ipad mini holder! works great and has sun shield!!

Also some landing skids, not used yet but will try as taking off from sand is BAD?

I designed these extensions in Tinkercad. From day one I found the Mavic to be too close to the ground for where I fly and I don't want to have to take a landing pad. No interference with the front foot antennas or rear sensor. You can download the files here on Thingiverse.

Over 11,000 downloads so far, so it seems people are liking them. :)

Attachments

• 2a1eacd0be80a2d20d153bf5558bbe30_preview_featured.jpeg
    2a1eacd0be80a2d20d153bf5558bbe30_preview_featured.jpeg
    76 KB · Views: 15
Is it best to have one on the front and one on the back? Overkill to have them on all four? Or both on front or both on back?
In other words, what is the best configuration?
I'd recommend either four mounts or one on the back and one on the front (positioned diagonally so both are not on the same side). ARC lights have four LEDs, so you might find two lights are sufficient (especially if flying at night)..

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR