DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What would you do….

7869hodgy

Reactions
…if you were In a pub garden and someone is flying a drone from their table.

Part of we was like, “cool a droner” but part of me thought “the A2 C of C makes it pretty clear that’s not the done thing.”

I wanted to go and chat but would have had to have informed him that flying over people isn’t permitted.

Nothing happened and no one else was bothered but with kids playing there could have been another outcome.

Thoughts?

flying over groups of people is not permitted ,but if the drone falls into the under 250g category ,then they can be flown over people, property ,following the one to one rule
i would have thought that the pub owner ,should have been informed by the drone flyer, and got permission to fly there,
maybe the drone pilot was the pub owner who knows,
but really at the end of the day ,flying in such a setting ,not the cleverest idea

flying over groups of people is not permitted ,but if the drone falls into the under 250g category ,then they can be flown over people, property ,following the one to one rule
i would have thought that the pub owner ,should have been informed by the drone flyer, and got permission to fly there,
maybe the drone pilot was the pub owner who knows,
but really at the end of the day ,flying in such a setting ,not the cleverest idea
Agree with OMM , not the best place to fly, cheers Len

Reactions: old man mavic
That’s all cool but if the pilot had any alcohol before launch, he/she is violating commercial and recreational rules. Lawyers begin licking their lips at the very thought of this.

I'd go over and ask the fellow to please stop, it's disturbing my enjoyment. If he didn't, I'd expect him to be expelled by the management.

And in reference to another post I just made, I do not think any FAA or CE regulation is necessary or justified to address this situation. Any more than we need a regulation prohibiting pitching golf balls into the garden with a 7 iron from the park across the street.

Common sense is all that's required.

Reactions: old man mavic
Talk to management about the rules and also it is causing a problem wth you and the potential danger to the patrons. Management should take responsibility to stop the flyer.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SK farming