DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

What's the general consensus on using a 5-in-1 battery charger?

Budge

Reactions
I recently purchased an FS Labs 5-in-1 battery charger from Amazon. There are mixed reviews, but it seems that buyers are very happy with the purchase. Before I start using it, does anyone have any experience with it? And is there any concern about harming my batteries in the long term or warranty issues? TIA.

Purchased this product in October, 2017. Have used continuously since that time with no problems. Own a Mavic Pro w/3 batteries, controller and a IPad mini 2. Charges all 5 items quickly and effectively.

Mine has worked great for about a year. Charges the batteries fast. The only issue I read here is that early versions were not properly grounded which may cause fire risk. There are a couple of threads that discuss it.

Also had mine since July 2017, working flawless without any problems. Couldnt sit around for 3 hours for batteries to charge. Now it is only 1 hour before i fly. Get it, you wont be sorry.

If you mean the one pictured below, I purchased it about a month ago and it has worked flawlessly so far.
I plug everything in as soon as I get home from flying a mission and in about an hour I'm ready to go again with 3 fully charged batteries, the remote control and iPad all recharged from this charger and only needing one AC wall outlet.

On a side note I purchased--and returned--several DC/AC inverters so I could run this charger in my car during trips in between DroneBase type missions. Unfortunately it didn't work out because the charger needs a certain type of AC current that the ~$50 type inverters don't produce.

This charger works great.

upload_2018-6-11_13-21-33.png

I also use the "Blue" charger and like all the comments above, I have not had any problems (Dec 2017).

That said, I don't know what the charging logic is or whether it is doing any harm. We have seen what happens when non OEM parts are used. sometimes it doesn't work out as hoped.

My choice, My decision, I will have to live with the results.

I recently purchased an FS Labs 5-in-1 battery charger from Amazon. There are mixed reviews, but it seems that buyers are very happy with the purchase. Before I start using it, does anyone have any experience with it? And is there any concern about harming my batteries in the long term or warranty issues? TIA.

Have used it since I bought my MP in November. No issues, works great, charges fast. I do unplug it as soon as everything is charged because of previous comments but I couldn’t imagine charging for 3 hours....

Reactions: Former Member
They work great and charge the batteries to a bit higher voltage than the DJI chargers. I recommend not storing the batteries fully charged like that, either set the auto discharge to 1 day or fly some of the pack.

Reactions: Former Member
On a side note I purchased--and returned--several DC/AC inverters so I could run this charger in my car during trips in between DroneBase type missions. Unfortunately it didn't work out because the charger needs a certain type of AC current that the ~$50 type inverters don't produce.
Anything specific to look out for in such inverters to have (i..e Watt rating)? Which one did you get ?

Anyone known how many watts the 5-in-1 charges pull when all components are connected ?

Reactions: Chirp
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu