Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

When Drone Pilots Tell Stories

aerialnorthwest

Approved Vendor
Reactions
Site
aerialnorthwest.com
Happy Wednesday! As commercial drone pilots, we possess a powerful tool that bring unique perspectives to storytelling across various industries. From capturing stunning aerial footage of a real estate property to providing breathtaking bird’s eye view shots for a film, the possibilities are endless. However, breaking into specific industry sectors for creative drone flight services can be challenging.

For your consideration to help you navigate this landscape, I’ve compiled a guide that outlines strategies for commercial drone pilots looking to provide creative drone flight services to clients in various industries.

The Midweek Report: How Brands Use Drones for Better Storytelling

Fly creatively aware! 😉 T

I would fix the journalism section about wildfires to include "ONLY IN COOPERATION WITH AUTHORITIES AND WITH ALL PERMISSIONS, CLEARANCES, AND REAL-TIME COMMUNICATIONS WITH THE IN-CHARGE AIRSPACE PERSONNEL." Wildfires are usually covered by TFRs and are illegal to fly unless authorized. Doing so without permission may ground firefighting aircraft and cause further issues in the firefighting attempts.

Happy Wednesday! As commercial drone pilots, we possess a powerful tool that bring unique perspectives to storytelling across various industries. From capturing stunning aerial footage of a real estate property to providing breathtaking bird’s eye view shots for a film, the possibilities are endless. However, breaking into specific industry sectors for creative drone flight services can be challenging.

For your consideration to help you navigate this landscape, I’ve compiled a guide that outlines strategies for commercial drone pilots looking to provide creative drone flight services to clients in various industries.

The Midweek Report: How Brands Use Drones for Better Storytelling

Fly creatively aware! 😉 T
Thanks for being a helpful resource, I read all the articles you post here.

Reactions: aerialnorthwest
Thanks for being a helpful resource, I read all the articles you post here.
Thank you for the kindness and encouragement! My greatest pleasure is learning and evolving with other great minds and impassioned drone pilots!

Our industry is beyond promising with so many opportunities for so many UAV flyers the world over. For me and so many commercial drone pilots, these are exciting times that keep my passion fire alight toward even greater UAS success!

Ping me anytime!

Much appreciation and very best wishes, T ;-)

I would fix the journalism section about wildfires to include "ONLY IN COOPERATION WITH AUTHORITIES AND WITH ALL PERMISSIONS, CLEARANCES, AND REAL-TIME COMMUNICATIONS WITH THE IN-CHARGE AIRSPACE PERSONNEL." Wildfires are usually covered by TFRs and are illegal to fly unless authorized. Doing so without permission may ground firefighting aircraft and cause further issues in the firefighting attempts.

Marc! Thanks so much for your insights! Based on the following excerpt from the report, how would you structure your suggested verbiage for a re-write?

I look forward to reading and responding to your suggestion.

Much appreciation, T ;-)

Excerpt section from: How Brands Use Drones for Better Storytelling

Section: Creative Drone Use in Journalism

Journalists in the United States have increasingly turned to drones to capture aerial footage of news events and stories, providing a unique perspective on the event that can be used to enhance the storytelling and provide additional context.

One example of the use of drones in journalism is the coverage of the wildfires in California. News organizations have used drones to capture aerial footage of the fires, providing a better understanding of the scale and impact of the disaster. The footage captured by drones can show the extent of the damage caused by the fire, as well as provide a view of the surrounding area, including nearby homes and infrastructure that have been affected.

The use of drones in this way allows journalists to provide a more complete picture of the news event or story, offering viewers a unique and detailed perspective that is not possible with traditional camera equipment. The aerial footage captured by the drones can also be used to provide additional context and information, such as the direction and speed of the fire, the areas that are most at risk, and the actions being taken to contain and control the fire.

Another example of the use of drones in journalism is the coverage of protests and social justice movements. Drones can capture aerial footage of protests and rallies, providing a sense of the scale and impact of the event. The footage captured by drones can also be used to show the actions of law enforcement and protesters, providing additional context and information to the viewer.

Overall, the use of drones in journalism in the United States has allowed news organizations to provide viewers with a more complete and detailed picture of news events and stories, offering a unique and captivating perspective that is not possible with traditional camera equipment. The use of drones in this way has helped to enhance storytelling and provide additional context, providing a valuable resource for journalists and viewers alike.

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I'm not a very good writer such as yourself. I would just mention the restrictions as a part of "CYA". LOL
Lots of people just getting into drones aren't aware of the rules as such and may inadvertently cause more issues than they think in a journalism setting. In the old days, it was show up with a camera and stay out of the way but with drones, there is a lot more going on these days.

Unfortunately, I'm not a very good writer such as yourself. I would just mention the restrictions as a part of "CYA". LOL
Lots of people just getting into drones aren't aware of the rules as such and may inadvertently cause more issues than they think in a journalism setting. In the old days, it was show up with a camera and stay out of the way but with drones, there is a lot more going on these days.
I'm right there with ya! Preparation + Opportunity = Success! ;-) Enjoy your Wednesday! T

Thanks for your post and everyone could benefit from it and I enjoyed the read !

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13