DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where are the Mavic Air batteries??

Malta1

Reactions
Hello again,

Searched the web and only found Ali Ex with crazy prices for batteries for the first gen Mavic Air. Called all my LHS and drone stores with no luck. Are all of us Mavic Air owners screwed for future use? This drone is still legitimate in 2021 and beyond. Do I have to unload my MA1 for nothing....What's going on?

DJI no longer sells them since the Mavic Air has been discontinued. There are a few batteries listed on Amazon/eBay (like here), but the prices aren't great and a lot of listings are for used/refurbished batteries.

3rd parties used to always release batteries for DJI drones (like the original Phantoms and Mavic Pro) -- and continue to make them available after DJI discontinued them. For whatever reason, none were ever released for the Mavic Air.

More eye openers; especially since I have an "older" Air 2. I bought a few months ago. Once upon a time there were consumer protection laws that said a manufacturer had to support a product X years after the last sale. Guess some politician decided businesses need not worry about consumer protection.

Eventually everyone with one of the best selling DJI drones bought from 2018-2020 will soon have battery failure due to use and there will be no replacement for them. So how many 250K plus drones will be obsolete soon?

On that note - are there sites out there that show tear down methods to replace the battery cells in DJI batteries?

Looks like if you don't buy the latest and greatest from DJI then your hard earned money is worth nothing after the purchase with zero support. Oh well lessons learned, hope the competition isn't as dumb as I'm now forced to look at their drones for future purchases.

Reactions: Geani66
The Mavic Air wasn't as popular as the Mavic Pro, so that probably has something to do with why no 3rd party batteries have been produced.

But, some batteries are still available if you must have them. I guess scoop them up while those listings exist.

Hello again,

Searched the web and only found Ali Ex with crazy prices for batteries for the first gen Mavic Air. Called all my LHS and drone stores with no luck. Are all of us Mavic Air owners screwed for future use? This drone is still legitimate in 2021 and beyond. Do I have to unload my MA1 for nothing....What's going on?
What are "crazy prices" for you?

AliExpress is not my go to place to buy DJI batteries, but they have new Mavic Air batteries here. Depending on where you live, it could take some time to receive them.

HeliPal is showing they have them for $79 here.

That seems too good to be true though. I'm wondering it they are out of stock and just not updated on their website.

HeliPal is showing they have them for $79 here.

That seems too good to be true though. I'm wondering it they are out of stock and just not updated on their website.
Thats like brand new prices from the DJI store, for me its $133.82 canadian with shipping....not bad

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada