DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where are the Mavic Air batteries??

I was actually looking to buy a second hand Spark as well. Always loved that drone. Now it's a no go. thx
I love my Spark, but investing in one now would not be a good idea unless you were a collector.

Chris

Checked on the RotorLogic Store on eBay where I got my Spark battery and they don’t seem to have any MA batteries. Likely they would be pricey considering how much the Spark batteries have gone up.

Chris

DJI Monopoly has market control **** it
Kind of sucks which is why I personally would just buy the most up to date drone or stock up on batteries while they last.

I am in the same situation with my MA 1. I nearly lost my drone a few weeks ago after one of my 5-yr old batteries failed. What used to be able to fly 20+ minutes intitiated auto landing after ~6 minutes. The cells in this battery look well balanced when the drone is in the ground, but as soon as I put it in the air they go badly out of balance.

MA1 battery failure over National Forest

I also searched for replacement batteries and found a few expensive ones in distribution, but who knows how well those in storage have aged. Perhaps someone will make a business of replacing individual cells.

As for me I decided to relegate my MA1 to grabbing quick shots like group photos and to order the MA3. While the MA 1 served me well for 5 years I would like a drone with more robust Occusync, variable aperture for more dynamic range, and collision avoidance to the sides and above.

I clicked that, do those 'Mavic Air' batteries show photos of MA2 drone ??

I'm not aware of any aftermarket batteries for the MA(1), but would be good for those owners to be able to get them.
If not out by now though, it's very unlikely you will ever see them.
The longer that stays the status quo, the less likely it will ever happen.

Well it seems all is not completely lost for me and my MA1. By some fluke I checked my local kijiji ads yesterday and sure enough someone was selling a lot of accessories including 5 batteries (I tested them all and they have between 20-35 charges on them), controller, 12 props, charger and car charger, two sets of joysticks, otg cables, landing gear, nd 16 filter, prop guards and the travel bag. He was asking $250 canadian for the lot so I gave him $180 and the deal was done. I feel so relieved now that I can enjoy my Mavic for a long time as I now have 8 batteries! They lost the drone so his loss is my gain.
$_35.jpg

Well it seems all is not completely lost for me and my MA1. By some fluke I checked my local kijiji ads yesterday and sure enough someone was selling a lot of accessories including 5 batteries (I tested them all and they have between 20-35 charges on them), controller, 12 props, charger and car charger, two sets of joysticks, otg cables, landing gear, nd 16 filter, prop guards and the travel bag. He was asking $250 canadian for the lot so I gave him $180 and the deal was done. I feel so relieved now that I can enjoy my Mavic for a long time as I now have 8 batteries! They lost the drone so his loss is my gain.
View attachment 137987
Bargain and many years of flight left for you.
Some other great pick ups too.

Great find!

Chris

I feel so relieved now that I can enjoy my Mavic for a long time as I now have 8 batteries!

Meant to say too, don't be tempted to put some away for later, or they will likely deteriorate faster naturally discharging over time, maybe even hibernate or they could 'brick'.
Use them all rotating through the numbers, to keep relatively even number of cycles.

Keep them at around 50% - 60% charge, checking them every couple of months if leaving through winter or long periods between flying.
If they go down to say 1 led solid 1 flashing, pop them on until 2 solid 3rd flashing should do the trick.

Reactions: Malta1
Meant to say too, don't be tempted to put some away for later, or they will likely deteriorate faster naturally discharging over time, maybe even hibernate or they could 'brick'.
Use them all rotating through the numbers, to keep relatively even number of cycles.

Keep them at around 50% - 60% charge, checking them every couple of months if leaving through winter or long periods between flying.
If they go down to say 1 led solid 1 flashing, pop them on until 2 solid 3rd flashing should do the trick.
Great advice, I'll def be rotating them. I keep a good eye on all my lipo's as i'm also an avid RC boat enthusiast. Running 3 and 4 cells right now, getting a sweet 6S Proboat Sonicwake for Xmas (treating myself), just hope the drone can keep up to it during filming!

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Scoop up those batteries wherever you can find them proud owners!!! Time is definitely running out for this drone. Hopefully there will be a battery mod that is just as good as the original so we can all use it! Lets keep the amazing MA1 footage coming!

Reactions: RGallant and pansta
Scoop up those batteries wherever you can find them proud owners!!! Time is definitely running out for this drone. Hopefully there will be a battery mod that is just as good as the original so we can all use it! Lets keep the amazing MA1 footage coming!
+1!!!! Thumbswayup

I've been through this problem. Didn't use my Air 1 for about a year after I bought it (had only about 10 flights on 2 batteries). When I unpacked it again I had 2 "dead" batteries. No lights, no sign of life. Watched a lot of videos about reviving them. Requires a "probe" and license to a proprietary pgm (total $100-$150), and then you have to disassemble the battery and do some very tricky soldering. One guy replaced the cells with 18650's (neat idea), but his video was in Russian. I've built/rebuilt 7-8 freestyle/racing drones so I can solder, but I would not attempt what I saw in the videos.

Next step I bought a couple of used batteries through Ebay and this forum for $60 for each battery. It's been a good experience. I asked the sellers for confirmation it was an Air 1 battery, how much usage, etc., and I got pictures and screen shots confirming 1 had less than 10 flights and the 2nd less than 20, and that the cells were balanced when charged.

One of the guys I bought from runs a repair service (mostly bigger DJI models) and he agreed to give the Air batteries a go for $30 each if successful and $10 if not. There was not much to lose so I sent them to him, and he sent them back in a few days alive and well. Now have 4 working bats.

If you have "dead" batteries because they sat around for too long and the charge fell below the battery chip cutoff for recharging, I suggest you get in touch with Tom at Repair Parts Resale | Hyperflite Drones | United States

I've been through this problem. Didn't use my Air 1 for about a year after I bought it (had only about 10 flights on 2 batteries). When I unpacked it again I had 2 "dead" batteries. No lights, no sign of life. Watched a lot of videos about reviving them. Requires a "probe" and license to a proprietary pgm (total $100-$150), and then you have to disassemble the battery and do some very tricky soldering. One guy replaced the cells with 18650's (neat idea), but his video was in Russian. I've built/rebuilt 7-8 freestyle/racing drones so I can solder, but I would not attempt what I saw in the videos.

Next step I bought a couple of used batteries through Ebay and this forum for $60 for each battery. It's been a good experience. I asked the sellers for confirmation it was an Air 1 battery, how much usage, etc., and I got pictures and screen shots confirming 1 had less than 10 flights and the 2nd less than 20, and that the cells were balanced when charged.

One of the guys I bought from runs a repair service (mostly bigger DJI models) and he agreed to give the Air batteries a go for $30 each if successful and $10 if not. There was not much to lose so I sent them to him, and he sent them back in a few days alive and well. Now have 4 working bats.

If you have "dead" batteries because they sat around for too long and the charge fell below the battery chip cutoff for recharging, I suggest you get in touch with Tom at Repair Parts Resale | Hyperflite Drones | United States
Search the forum a bit. You do not need to pay license fees. You do this with a free program and a $5 card.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada