DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where do I stand

Macadder

Reactions
A friend has asked me to take some footage for one of his clients. I am a hobbyist so not pro, but I can take decent shots. Where do I stand on legals, can I just give him the footage FOC? Do I need any special licenses? I am not asking for any money, just doing a friend a favour.

The CAA is pretty clear that any commercial use of footage requires that the pilot must have a current PfCO, but as long as there is no money, or goods/services in kind, changing hands for your video then you're fine to share it around, and for yourself and others to use it as you see fit. Just to be safe, since presumably your friend's client is a commercial entity, I'd also ensure that the flight is entirely within the Drone Code so they've no reason to be looking at it in the first place.

The CAA is pretty clear that any commercial use of footage requires that the pilot must have a current PfCO, but as long as there is no money, or goods/services in kind, changing hands for your video then you're fine to share it around, and for yourself and others to use it as you see fit. Just to be safe, since presumably your friend's client is a commercial entity, I'd also ensure that the flight is entirely within the Drone Code so they've no reason to be looking at it in the first place.
Thanks for the info, yes I think they just want an aerial shot of their premises and then a low level fly down the driveway to the front door.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki