DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where do you adjust the image size and quality in the mavi mini?

my still images are ok...but not as good as I have seen. Also they are only about 2mb each....they should be way more than that.
There's not much you can do.
Image size: You have a choice between 4000×3000 and 4000×2250 (which is just 4000 x 3000 with the top and bottom chopped off).
Only 2MB each? The jpg files are compressed, it's the pixel dimensions that matter.

Image quality? All you can change is your lighting and vary the ISO and shutter speed.

Image size: You have a choice between 4000×3000 and 4000×2250 (which is just 4000 x 3000 with the top and bottom chopped off).
Only 2MB each? The jpg files are compressed, it's the pixel dimensions that matter.

Image quality? All you can change is your lighting and vary the ISO and shutter speed.

The JPEGs from the Mini are usually 5 - 6 MB. I've never seen one as small as 2 MB, let alone 2 mb, which would be really tiny.

You need to have a look at the photos off the SD card as opposed to the cached versions on the phone.

You can however download from the AC to the phone the full size images, but they do take up space
Just go into the DJI Fly album and then open the photo, you will see a download icon next to the delete icon

In the album you will now see tabs at the top "aircraft" and "DJI Fly" once you have downloaded any photos
The "Aircraft"folder are the photos yet to be downloaded to the phone and the "DJI Fly" folder are the downloaded photos
Once downloaded they don't appear on the aircraft folder anymore.

Sometimes you'll get an error message that says files larger than 1080p will need to be exported

It probably easier to transfer the full size photo files directly from the SD card to the PC as it's a bit messier getting them off the phone later

Last edited:
Reactions: CommanderKJDF

where do i find that choice...thanks.

where do i find that choice...thanks.

It's in the camera menu you'll see "photo size" either 4:3 or 16:9

When you change this you'll the screen ratio change when in the camera mode.

thanks....I found it. perhaps i should take the still in cine mode?
Only if you want even smaller images.
Stills = 4000 x 3000 = 12MP
Video = 2720×1530 = 4MP
If you want the best stills, shoot stills.

Have you found out how big your images are?

Unlike most cameras, the you don't have a JPG quality setting, you have the camera settings themselves (ISO and shutter speed, the aperture is fixed on the mini and some others) crop to 16:9 on or off (4:3 aspect ratio using all the pixels) and interval shooting and that's it.

Depending on what you're shooting and (noise) JPG will compress by different degrees. Images from the SD card in my Mini are between 3.7 and 6.7MBytes in size with an average of 5MBytes. YMMV.

You can grab stills from the Video, the "cine" flying mode just flies more slowly to give nicer video, if you're flying low and fast and the light isn't too bright you'll get a blurry image so you can use cine to avoid that. At height, with good light (and no added filters) the blur is usually too small to see even in "sport" mode.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drsmurph