DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where is the best place to buy my Mavic 2Pro?

Gizmo6257

Reactions
I'm buying a Mavic 2 Pro next week. Where is the best place to buy it? Also, is it worth getting the fly more package? Amazon has a lot of packages, but didn't know if I would be better off buying somewhere else or from DJI? Thanks

Reactions: Mavic Pro Platinum
I would suggest directly through DJI or B&H Photo. Both should offer free shipping and no sales tax.
DJI has no sales tax, but you'll have to pay tax when shopping at B&H. I don't think any states are tax-free there anymore.

I bought mine and my girls directly from the DJI store the zoom and the pro 2 and got 40.00 in DJI store credit but of course the bill was almost 5gs lol that's the refresh smart controller 3 batterys X2 but if I get something repaired I don't have to show them proof of purchase like I did my goggles that bought off Amazon they needed to see my receipt straight from DJI its in their computer

DJI has no sales tax, but you'll have to pay tax when shopping at B&H. I don't think any states are tax-free there anymore.
B&H has a workaround called “Payboo” or something to that effect. If you use this card you don’t pay sales tax. I haven’t tried it, but they remind me about it on every purchase.

Jake

B&H has a workaround called “Payboo”
Yep, I did see that. I guess it's a good option if you don't mind using their credit card.

Reactions: Mavic Mac
I bought a Smart Controller from B&H on July 8th, and didn't pay sales tax or shipping fees. I always pay using PayPal Credit, which also gives you 6 months interest free payment terms. I have bought several items from them over the past 2-3 years and have never paid sales tax or shipping charges.

I’ve been using B&H Photo since they opened. Huge stock , quick deliveries and they have honest “verified buyer” reviews of everything they sell.

I can give testimony that B&H Photo is quick, reliable, helpful when you need advice and assistance, and prompt. I have been purchasing most all of my photographic needs from them (including my Nikon equipment and accessories) for many, many years, problem free. Just take this info as another data point in your final decision making process.

I bought a Smart Controller from B&H on July 8th, and didn't pay sales tax or shipping fees
Tax will be coming soon to your state if it's not already there now. Purchases used to be tax free for me in PA. They are all taxed now though as of about 30 days ago.

I'm buying a Mavic 2 Pro next week. Where is the best place to buy it? Also, is it worth getting the fly more package? Amazon has a lot of packages, but didn't know if I would be better off buying somewhere else or from DJI? Thanks
You do not mention where you live, but it is best to buy from an authorized dealer with a good return policy. Read the fine print to insure there is no "restocking fee" involved with a return. Odds are you will not need to use it but with gadgets as technical as these there could be a problem. Just ask for help here before sending it back or dealing with DJI's "support".

As for the fly more package, I use everything that came with my MP. Some say you could save some money sourcing everything separately but who needs all that hassle?

Last edited:
You are right, of course, but in my state(Kansas) it wont be in effect until July 1st of 2020. I can buy a few more toys over 11 months. ?. I’m not sure about the current status of other states. But 6-7 percent of a big purchase is significant, at least to me.

How about eBay? If you don't insist on buying new. eBay has good protection for buyers.

You give absolutely no indication where on Planet Earth you are talking about/reside so I have no idea how anyone can advise you.

But 6-7 percent of a big purchase is significant, at least to me
For sure! That's why I like buying tax free from places like the DJI Store and Amazon when possible.

For sure! That's why I like buying tax free from places like the DJI Store and Amazon when possible.
When buying direct from DJI, DJI actually pays the sales tax for you, at least in CA, which means the state can't later come after you for avoiding sales tax on out of state purchases, by imposing an equivalent Use Tax on your state tax return on all such previously untaxed purchases.

When buying direct from DJI, DJI actually pays the sales tax for you, at least in CA, which means the state can't later come after you for avoiding sales tax on out of state purchases, by imposing an equivalent Use Tax on your state tax return on all such previously untaxed purchases.
Of course! I'm guessing you realized they also cover the shipping fee too. Just because you aren't paying the shipping fee doesn't mean the carrier is working for free ;)

I must digress though. Most people don't care why these fees are covered by the seller. They just like taking advantage of those opportunities when they are available.

Reactions: FASTFJR
Yep, I did see that. I guess it's a good option if you don't mind using their credit card.
I just bought filters from B&H - used my regular CC - shipped to MA (state with sales tax) - billing state was MT (no sales tax state) - no sales tax charged

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordy