DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where is the best place to buy quality props

I suppose. As you know though, no DJI drone is silent enough to fly undetected by other humans. Assuming keeping your your drone safely in the air is most important, then a slightly quieter perceived sound pitch isn't such a great benefit in my mind. Nor are colors you cannot see when your drone is flying high in the sky.

You could use a better tool then, no? I never use those cheap child-like toy tools included in any products I buy.

no DJI drone is silent enough to fly undetected by other humans.

Setting aside the factor of distance & ambient sound levels, for camera drones at least, — & perhaps I can only speak for myself & in my decades of experience taking photographs & video from the ground — 1 of the points of doing good photography, is not being part of, nor interfering with the subject(s) or event.

I suppose there may be some who prefer showing up to use their camera wearing a Mardi Gras joker costume, complete with jingle bells, but that's never been me.

Sound is much less of an issue with the larger, more expensive drones that are equipped with zoom lenses, able to record from (much) farther away; the DJI Mini class drones aren't 1 of them.

A noisy drone, particularly 1 with an annoying higher-pitched sound, needing to get relatively close, is equivalent to wearing said joker costume.

In my experience with the MAS props vs the stock DJI props, flying the Mini 3 Pro, the MAS props mitigate that perceived sound level to a noticeable degree; depending on the ambient variables, with the MAS props, the flight sound vanishes well within the distance that it can be seen, even while moving.

You could use a better tool then, no?

True, I can, & in fact, I've needed to, the very 1st time I decided to change a set of props — thankfully, that was at home, where I could pick up the best fitting driver out of my jewellers' set, after the tip of DJI's rubbish driver broke, losing 1 of the flutes, trying to remove the very 1st screw.

In addition, those screw heads, by all indications, aren't Phillips, but the JIS type — I wrote an informative post, complete with links, detailing the differences.

Considering that the total cost of the products that DJI sells that use that type of screw, more often than not are into 4 figures (in $USD) for the kits, I think it's reasonable to expect DJI to include a quality & proper-fitting driver, without having the buyer also having to source a single proper driver on their own, & often, after the fact; meanwhile, with their drone remaining grounded.

It's simply unwise, & short-sighted of DJI, if their intent was to keep the cost of their drones as low as possible & surely, leaves a negative impression of DJI, all for the lack of DJI to include a decent quality & properly fitting driver.

Reactions: Torque