DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Where's the manual !!

• Thread starter Deleted member 119181
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 119181

Well I got my shiny Mavic 2 pro and took it from my home in Cumbria UK to our place in France. First couple of flights were great and I got a bit cocky, the result was I managed to park it in a tree, I still had video and I could see it but it was stuck. The complication was that it was in a branch high up and hanging over our pond. 2 hours later after much ladder climbing, sawing, tree climbing and cursing I managed to lasso it, a tense moment as I pulled it free and caught it without falling into the pond. Now I am reading the manual properly and I have learned my lesson. Still it's an awesome drone and I have been using it on active track to view my dog agiity training !!

WELCOME to the forum :)

Glad you had a successful recovery and thanks for sharing your story.

SAFE Flights!
Allen

welcome to the forum, glad you rescued your drone,although they have sensors to prevent accidents, as you found ,they are not crash proof and in fact some of the sensors,are only active in certain flight modes,it is very easy to become disorientated when you first fly,and judging distance from objects is one of the hardest parts to master,its much harder to fly and judge distance, when you are not actually on board the aircraft, it takes a while to train your senses to cope with it

welcome to the forum, glad you rescued your drone,although they have sensors to prevent accidents, as you found ,they are not crash proof and in fact some of the sensors,are only active in certain flight modes,it is very easy to become disorientated when you first fly,and judging distance from objects is one of the hardest parts to master,its much harder to fly and judge distance, when you are not actually on board the aircraft, it takes a while to train your senses to cope with it
Hi there, yes I had made sure the obstacl avoidance was turned on but I relied on it too much rather than keeping a watch. This time of year there are no leaves on the trees so I guess branches are harder to detect, the sensors were working and I had just finished a close up video of the roof of the house to check it out when I flew it away too aggresively without enough care . I am certainly more mindful now :) i have been reding articles in this forum which are very useful for sure

HINT: Trees love drones - stay far far away from them.
Also, drones don't turn like cars - they go sideway while turning the faster you go the wider the turn not matter how hard you push the stick.

HINT: Trees love drones - stay far far away from them.
Also, drones don't turn like cars - they go sideway while turning the faster you go the wider the turn not matter how hard you push the stick.
Ha thanks for the hint, I think trees actually suck drones towards them :)

Reactions: THE CYBORG
That’s a given. I’m tring to find my video when I was too cocky and was flying it straight at me at eye level. Testing the obstacle avoidance. Went back to flying and put it into sport mode (which turns most if not all the avoidance censors off) didn’t realize this fact and went back to flying at my face. Lol let’s just say I said ohhh **** and bailed in the mic of time, but behind me was a tall bush and my house. Never made it past the Bush. I will find it and post it. Funny how lucky we get when we are cocky. Anyway Welcome to the group. And just remember your not the first one to do it. Lol

Reactions: Jayg71
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tienvn1904