DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which Android Tablet should I buy?

cdlegate

Reactions
I am looking at these two tablets

Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 - HD 8" Android Tablet Computer (Qualcomm Snapdragon APQ8009, 2GB RAM, 16GB SSD) ZA090094US

and

Nvidia Shield K-1 8.0-Inch 16 GB

Looking for recommendations, as I was not looking to go over $200

How is the battery life of it. I have read some about that one here, but i don't believe I have read anything regarding battery life. I had been tempted to go with a ipad Mini just for the Mavic, but I hate apple stuff, so if I can stay with a android I would probably like it better.

I am looking at these two tablets

Lenovo Yoga Tab 3 - HD 8" Android Tablet Computer (Qualcomm Snapdragon APQ8009, 2GB RAM, 16GB SSD) ZA090094US

and

Nvidia Shield K-1 8.0-Inch 16 GB

Looking for recommendations, as I was not looking to go over $200
Android is having a tough time with the GO4 app, I have a Shield but if I was to do it again I would go for an iPad mini 4 (and I do not like apple) it is brighter, more stable and you can use the DJI GS "ground station" pro app on it. At this point I am waiting for the app to get fixed so I can use my Nvida shield again or I will go with the mini 4 or hopefully the new crystal sky.
Regards,
-d.

Reactions: J Milender
OnePlus 3 phone here running CyanogenMod 13.0 and despite my concerns having read all the reports of android crashes, I've had none yet in about 3 hours of flying. Perhaps it's a newer android issue, I tend to take a "if it works don't mess with it" approach when it comes to updating things like phones and don't rush to get the latest hardware so I'll probably stay on CM13 until I get a new phone in a couple of years.

Battery life is very good, some people seem to have issues and others don't it's really random. I think the iPad are the most stable when using the dji go app but as you can tell me 2 or 3x the price.

Crystal Sky is android based so they will have to get there coding together. I would think.
Regards,
-d.

Reactions: EmolaT
Hi, did you finally go for the Lenovo? I am considering a dedicated one but would like at least 2/16 ram and can't find any 7" inch suitable. The Lenovo seems an option, also the Huawei Mediapad T3 8 but I am uncertain the 8" would fit. Thanks.

Also if anyone running on a 1Gb RAM 7 inch android tablet. Is that suitable including quick editing of videos?

Last edited:
I have the Google Nexus 7 2013 and it works fine. Plenty bright. Nearly bought the shield but my friend has one and it's just not close to being bright enough.

I use the Shield for Phantom & a tablet for the Mavic, the tablet- 7" Acer Iconia is rock solid & since i;ve dedicated it to the Mavic i;ve never suffered from video lag, drop outs or other issues.
Acer will just squeeze into the Mavic's little arms
The Iconia (only with the MedTek processor) i bought at Canada Computers for 85 bucks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J