DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tablet

Shovelhead84

Reactions
I didn’t see a specific spot to post this so moderators if it is in the wrong place please move. I‘ve been looking at tablets for some time now. I have looked at the DJI recommended list already.
I came across this tablet and looking at the specs it seems that it would be capable of meeting the requirements or am I missing something? I came across it on Amazon.

Vanquisher 8” Ruggedized Tablet
Android 10
Qualcomm 8-core processor 2Ghz
GPU: Adreno 506 1920x1200@60fps
RAM 4GB
ROM 64GB
GPS: support:GPS+Glonass
M-sensor (compass)
Bluetooth
WIFI
4G LTE

There is more on the list but I listed what I thought was the most important.

Any thoughts or advice on this tablet would very appreciated.

Thanks,
Rick

@Shovelhead84 ,if you are going to be using the Fly App then the Tablet will need to have a 64 bit processor for it to work

Reactions: MA2 317
It looks like it has a 64 Bit system... Windows 10 PRO (64-bit). Intel Quad-Core processor. Support OTG mode (Mouse/Keyboard).

I'm not tech savvy but I assume an Android operating system, or a work around could be installed to run the Fly app on a Windows operating system. 🤔

Reactions: Gagey52
The one I looked at was not the Windows 10 system but can look into this.

The one I looked at was not the Windows 10 system but can look into this.
The Fly app will not work with Windows. The tablet must either be Android or iOS based. The one you originally mentioned will work. If I remember correctly any Android tablet with Android 7 or higher is 64 bit. It may have been Android 6 though.

I didn’t see a specific spot to post this so moderators if it is in the wrong place please move. I‘ve been looking at tablets for some time now. I have looked at the DJI recommended list already.
I came across this tablet and looking at the specs it seems that it would be capable of meeting the requirements or am I missing something? I came across it on Amazon.

Vanquisher 8” Ruggedized Tablet
Android 10
Qualcomm 8-core processor 2Ghz
GPU: Adreno 506 1920x1200@60fps
RAM 4GB
ROM 64GB
GPS: support:GPS+Glonass
M-sensor (compass)
Bluetooth
WIFI
4G LTE

There is more on the list but I listed what I thought was the most important.

Any thoughts or advice on this tablet would very appreciated.

Thanks,
Rick
I'm not familiar with this tablet and can't speak to its capabilities. However, I recently purchased the Tripltek Pro 8 to use with my new Mavic 3 and couldn't be happier. A little on the heavy side, but very durable and works great with the Fly app.

Reactions: Gagey52
On the same subject, is the THIS a compatible device. Can't find whether it's 32 or 64bit as I haven't a clue where to look😩
It's certainly a nice size and the screen seems bright?

On the same subject, is the THIS a compatible device. Can't find whether it's 32 or 64bit as I haven't a clue where to look😩
It's certainly a nice size and the screen seems bright?
I use the Asus Zenpad Z8s ZT582KL and it works great with the Fly app. Not the brightest screen but if you have some shade or a sun shade it will do. That looks like a UK version so not sure if it's the same.
Edit: I just noticed it's Android 5.0. If I remember right it has to be 6.0 or higher but I could be wrong. Maybe ask if it's updated. I don't think it will work because of the internal memory/ram. There is only 1GB and 2GB models of that. So probably not.

I use the Asus Zenpad Z8s ZT582KL and it works great with the Fly app. Not the brightest screen but if you have some shade or a sun shade it will do. That looks like a UK version so not sure if it's the same.
Edit: I just noticed it's Android 5.0. If I remember right it has to be 6.0 or higher but I could be wrong. Maybe ask if it's updated. I don't think it will work because of the internal memory/ram. There is only 1GB and 2GB models of that. So probably not.
That doesn't seem to exist here in the UK.

Any UK Mini2 flyers here, what tablet do you use please, around 8"

I recently purchased the Tripltek 8 to use with my M3. It is 64bit and works well with the fly app. Bright screen in direct sun and long battery life. I really like it would recommend it.

I recently purchased the Tripltek 8 to use with my M3. It is 64bit and works well with the fly app. Bright screen in direct sun and long battery life. I really like it would recommend it.
Not sure why you're responding to me telling someone else about a different model. I'm aware of the Tripletek.

Either an Android Operating System or Apple IOS, but the tablet processor MUST be 64 bit.
I tried installing the DJI Fly App on my Microsoft Surface Pro (Windows 10 ) and the App will not install with Windows.
Not sure what version of Android it must be or IOS come to that.
My tablet is an Lenovo M10 2nd Generation, 10inch screen, Octa-Core 64bit processor and it works a treat, my Op-Sys is Android 10.

Thanks but way out of my budget!!
I totally get it. I seem to struggle more as I get older seeing smaller screens in bright sun. I became spoiled with the smart controller that I got with my MA2 with its bright a larger screen. Wanting the M3 and in know way was I going to fork out the 5K just to get the new smart controller...opted instead for the base model with the Tripltek. Still a lot of money though. Good luck with your search for what works for you.

Just found this one - seller assures me it has a 64bit processor 🤣🤣

Nearly all the ads for the iPad mini, under processor, just says "Dual Core"!!! What the heck does that mean?

All this is way over my 83 year old head😩😩

Last edited:
Very nice but WAY over my budget hence looking at 2nd hand iPads!!
Sorry, I realize I didn't reply to your latest post that you were looking at iPads. Being an Android user myself, I'm not much help with Apple products. Best of luck finding what you need.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jw312569