DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which ipad mini generation should i use?

Chadnovz

Reactions
Hey guys. Looking to see which ipad mini i can use instead of my iphone. If ever i switch to it.

You can use any of the Apple devices listed here.

Reactions: Chadnovz
I used the iPad Mini 4 with cellular (before I lost it) and it fits the Mavic Controller! I now have the iPad Pro 10.5, but miss the mini because it could fit in my blazer or jacket pocket. Battery life was great (when I had iOS 10, never used in v11). Go for it! You don’t need cellular, but it helps with RTH GPS.

I have an iPad mini 2 cellular 16gb, which was working ok, but on a flight yesterday, the video feed through was app was freezing and stuttering a fair bit also there was a cpu overload warning came up but the view from the DJI re goggles was completely smooth, as was recording on the aircrafts sd card. Not sure if this has anything to do with latest iOS update, but after switching to my 12.9” iPad Pro, as expected everything is running smoothly. My advice is would be to go for the iPad mini 4 and tether to your phone for the map downloads, anything bigger would need an adapter for the RC. Hope this helps :)

I have an iPad mini 2 cellular 16gb, which was working ok, but on a flight yesterday, the video feed through was app was freezing and stuttering a fair bit also there was a cpu overload warning came up
It should run better if you use these settings.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smittysflying