DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which Mavic Pro 2 or Air

OzzieHerr

Reactions
Air or Pro 2? Wife and I travel full-time in RV and take photos during hikes and off-road adventures, and post on FB and Instagram for family and friends to enjoy and perhaps join the lifestyle. Like the Smart Captûre feature and size of the Air but not the noise; like the more advanced camera and battery life of the Pro 2 but not the price and size. Also considering the Smart Controller for the quick deployment and screen brightness, but have an iPhone 10s that might suffice. Got my Part 107 Temp Cert to ensure I fly legally in case my work is used for commercial purposes. Any help or suggestions from the community would be greatly appreciated!

All I can say, you missed the boat if the sale of the M2P is off sale ($1379). That would have made you decision much easier for the M2P. The only way to go further is to look in the used market on both and see what you can get in a bundle deal.

Air or Pro 2? Wife and I travel full-time in RV and take photos during hikes and off-road adventures, and post on FB and Instagram for family and friends to enjoy and perhaps join the lifestyle. Like the Smart Captûre feature and size of the Air but not the noise; like the more advanced camera and battery life of the Pro 2 but not the price and size. Also considering the Smart Controller for the quick deployment and screen brightness, but have an iPhone 10s that might suffice. Got my Part 107 Temp Cert to ensure I fly legally in case my work is used for commercial purposes. Any help or suggestions from the community would be greatly appreciated!

Its hard to beat the benefits of the Occusync : Thus the Mavic 2 has some advantage for longer and more secure flights
The resale value on the Mavic 2 is going to fur surpass that of the Mini .
You also have a load of great accessories for the Mavic 2 an that smart controller is a huge advantage.

Travel : The air would win hands down if it worked with the smart controller , so its equal when you consider the phone and the controller. 3 to 2 in the carring dept.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly you mavic in and out of the storm.

Having used an iPad Mini 4 since getting my M2P, I tried a fiend's SC and found it way to small and hard to read for my bad eyes. Having owned both the Air and M2P, I feel the advantages that the M2P offer far out weigh the smaller size of the Air.

Reactions: OzzieHerr
I now own both a Mavic Air, which I have learned on and flown for 1 1/2 year's since June 2018. I just purchased a Mavic 2 Pro on the Black Friday sale. There is no question in my mind that the M2P is a better drone for the better camera (20 vs 12 MP), better communication (Occusynch vs Wi Fi), and much much quieter noise level. The images I am getting are so munch better it is amazing. I will probably sell my Mavic Air- it was in a crash and DJI replaced it and the new one has only 20 minutes of flight time (7 flights total).

I agree the M2P is much better. I ordinally bought the Air and loved it, but got too many lost connections, which tend to raise the blood pressure. I went from Air to M2P and iPhone 8 to iPad 9.7 with sunshades, to the 5.5 Crystal Sky and finally the7.85 Crystal Sky. Yes, the 7.85 Crystal Sky is bulky, but I can see so much better even in the bright Florida sun. In the long run, why not purchase what you'll end up with anyway? If you're in a not much sun environment, then use your smartphone, otherwise get a Crystal sky. Get the size you think will work best for you.

Different drones, not really fair to compare them. The Air has it's own, so does the M2P. But, for Facebook and Instagram you don't really need the MP2.
Occusync? yeah, but wifi will do the job if not trying to fly far specially in signal congested areas.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998