DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which Mavic should I get?

heydave23

Reactions
Hey there, I'm headed to Montana in a few days. Had problems with my phantom p3, so Ive decided to pull the trigger today and buy a Mavic. Not sure which model, the pro or air any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

There's a ton of threads and opinions here, and plenty of youtube reviews as well. A good handfull of people have the Pro and the Air, and most of them seem to prefer the Air. That said, I think it is really about what you want to do. If you like to just "fly" the added range and battery life of the Pro (and particularly the Platinum) may be best. If you really are using it as a flying camera, the smaller size, slightly better camera, and few extra features (rear avoidance sensors, APAS, couple of extra camera modes) may make the air a better choice.

My P3 still works great, so I went for the Air to have something small to bring around, and could still use the P3 if I really needed significant range (although I have not busted out the P3 since getting the Air)

Not sure which model, the pro or air any suggestions?
It would be best to buy what meets your needs. If you're not aware of the differences, you can compare the specs in detail side-by-side here.

Reactions: z28lt1
I picked up the Mavic air with 3 batteries at Fry's last night. After I charged it up, I set it up fairly fast. I love the different way to update firmware. One issue I had was I was unable to turn off the controller. I used the same method for the p3. Push button once, wait a second and push a second time for a count of two. I was thinking I have a faulty unit. But after looking around online I see others have had the same issue. I will try again tonight after work.

Congratulations! Good luck with it. I never had any issue powering on/off the controller.

I picked up the Mavic air with 3 batteries at Fry's last night. After I charged it up, I set it up fairly fast. I love the different way to update firmware. One issue I had was I was unable to turn off the controller. I used the same method for the p3. Push button once, wait a second and push a second time for a count of two. I was thinking I have a faulty unit. But after looking around online I see others have had the same issue. I will try again tonight after work.
You sometimes need an extra second or two on the second press.
I have both the Air and and Pro and have reviewed them both after a few months flying the Air too. Apart from range and possible signal interference in built up areas, the Air will serve you fantastically.
Happy flying fella!

Ian in London

Reactions: heydave23
Yes I figured it out, it works fine. It seems to me the button press combination has to be done a little faster than on the p3 controller.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MoBeeshy