DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which mobile device are you flying with? (November 2020)

I fly my MA2 with my iPhone11. Cell phone works for me. My wife recently got an iPad (7th generation) and the first time I used it the screen froze for a bit and was fine after. I used the other day and the screen froze. I could fly my drone but the telemetry of how high and far wouldn’t move. It just disconnected from the drone. I connected my phone back and got it back. Just hovered there. No issues with my cell phone.

Soon I would like to get an iPad for myself to use when I fly. I really like big screen. I just wanted to let anyone who has one to know. I guess that model won’t work, so if anyone has one with no issues let me know. Thanks

I am the only one who voted for the Oppo A9 2020 ?
Updated my vote to include iPhone 6 plus and Samsung A51 5G.

My go to phone now is the A51.

For now, I will not recommend the iPhone 6 plus. I am still getting the alert on mobile CPU overload even at startup :rolleyes: I did not have this problem before I updated to Fly App 1.2.2

I upgraded from iPhone 8 Plus to iPhone 12 Pro Max a couple of months ago.

I've only flown once with the new iPhone but it works, though when I use the long-press on the screen to swivel gimbal, there's no feedback like there was with the previous iPhone.

How would you make the iPad work? Would be awkward to hold the iPad and the controller together.

Started off with an old iPhone 7 (what I had) in November when I got my MA2, Christmas I got the iPad 5 which is what I'm using now, behaves just like the iPhone 7 just a bigger screen for these old eyes.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada