DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which mobile device are you flying with? (November 2020)

12.9" iPad Pro Gen 3
9.7" iPad Pro Gen 2
9.7" iPad Air

I generally use the 12.9" most of the time. But if I'm flying two birds at once, I'll use the 9.7" for the secondary bird.

1606143996609.png

D

@msinger - You may want to add a "Compass" column to your very valuable table. While not critical, I believe it does allow the Fly app to know the controller's orientation for the purpose of the drone position indicator.

Reactions: robwas
@msinger - You may want to add a "Compass" column to your very valuable table. While not critical, I believe it does allow the Fly app to know the controller's orientation for the purpose of the drone position indicator.
I don't know of any supported and/or commonly used mobile device that's not able to do this.

I don't know of any supported and/or commonly used mobile device that's not able to do this.
Actually, quite a few small tablets on your list don't have magnetic compasses, including the one I use (Lenovo Tab 4 8 Plus). Likewise with several Samsung small tablets.

Reactions: robwas
I need your help with two quick things:

1) Are you currently flying with one of these mobile devices? If so, please click the heart beside that mobile device to show you're using it.

View attachment 117210

2) If you're using a mobile device that's not on my list, please comment below and let us know the following:
  • Which mobile device are you using?
  • Which DJI apps do you fly with? (DJI Fly, DJI GO 4, DJI GO 3, etc.)

Thank you for your help! :)
I am using DJI go 4 app for my Mavic 2 pro and a Xiaomi Redmi 7 (4gb ram/ Quad-Core ) and have not any issues at all is also quite fast

Reactions: msinger
I use a iPhone 7 out of necessity. Have used an i4 se up and until upgrading due to Marvic Air 2 and DJI Fly iOS requirements only. The i7 isnt the best for full screen viewing. An i7Plus is better but @ 2x the price for a refurbished phone.
I too use iphone 7 and just bought an ipad mini 5. Can't wait to see the difference!

Reactions: Johnmcl7
I decided not to add the remote controllers with integrated displays since they aren't mobile devices that can be used with all DJI drones.
Fair enough. I thought my eyesight was letting me down as I went through the entire list many times :)

It would have been interesting to see how many people are using and recommend the Smart Controller. I use the SC as my primary controller, with my iPad Mini 4 as a secondary, and a Samsung Galaxy 7 as a reserve if I run out of juice or there there is a problem with the others.

Thank you for this list, I used it to purchase an Asus ZenPad Z8S and it works great with the DJI FLY app.

Before I purchased that I used a Galaxy S9.

Voted for both, thanks again for taking the time to compile a list of compatible devices.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bahamaboy242