DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Which video editing software?

I'm trying Davinci Resolve 12.5. Definitely a learning curve, but very capable. Best of all there is a free version that seems to be pretty much the same as the full version with exception of collaborative features.

Sent from my SM-T310 using MavicPilots mobile app

I use Final Cut Pro X full version with a lot of Apps (specially the Coremelt pack). Nothing beats this.... But Mac only

Adventure is just bad planning

Reactions: Blucenturion
One thing I did notice about Davinici resolve 12.5 (free version), when I first started uploading clips it asked me if I wanted my project to be low res, HD, or UHD (something to that effect, anyway). I know I've read in several places that UHD equates to 2.7k and not 4k. Is that incorrect? I know the Davinci software is supposed to do 4k video.

One thing I did notice about Davinici resolve 12.5 (free version), when I first started uploading clips it asked me if I wanted my project to be low res, HD, or UHD (something to that effect, anyway). I know I've read in several places that UHD equates to 2.7k and not 4k. Is that incorrect? I know the Davinci software is supposed to do 4k video.
That is incorrect. When using davinci, you will see the full resolution pixel count with your option.

CyberLink 15 here! Love it! Still learning a bit. But very capable for decent price.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
I'll second that recommendation. I moved from Resolve (which was great until I needed to edit 4k videos). It's actually PowerDirector 15 made by Cyberlink.

Reactions: Mavicsailor
I've DL'd Davinci and "played with it". I haven't exported a "work" yet. But it is obviously capable.

You guys are killing me. I don't know what to believe anymore regarding max resolution capability of Resolve. I'll just try it myself and see what it can do.

UHD is the 16x9 (1.77:1) version of 4k and it's frame size is 3840x2160. DCI 4k is academy aspect ratio (1.9:1) and its frame size is 4096x2160. Both are "2160p" which is double the vertical lines of resolution of HD(1920x1080). In most cases unless you are working on something to be shown in a movie theater you will be watching on a 16x9 UHD TV or Monitor so Resolves limitation of UHD on the free version won't impact you.

TL;DR UHD is 4k for consumer TVs.

Adobe Premier Pro & Final cut Pro X I use both running on a custom built Hakintosh.

Adobe Premier Pro CC here but I find it's a bit sluggish and I have a beast of a PC I just can't seem to get it to run smooth. Anyone have any suggestions?

Adobe Premier Pro CC here but I find it's a bit sluggish and I have a beast of a PC I just can't seem to get it to run smooth. Anyone have any suggestions?

Are you trying to cut with the camera original files from the mavic? You should generate proxies and cut with those. GoPro Cineform works well or DNX HR LB.

Trying to edit with the h.264 won't work well no matter how beefy a system you have. The codec wasn't designed for editing.

Luckily premiere has a pretty good proxy feature. Just right click your clips and choose generate proxy.

If you guys have any editing questions just let me know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky