DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Who bought? :) I just ordered mine.

I'd say that the Mavic Pro is about 90% of what the Mavic Pro 2 is. Can't say it would be worth buying if you already have a Pro. Too me, that is quite obvious.

Yet again, DJI does not bring much to the table.

Disagree with that. The mavic pro camera is junk. Its terrible performance. The 2 Pro has a camera that has on paper at least massively better specifications.

If i could have a drone that does everything the original Pro has but had a camera that was actually decent i'd buy it. For me the drone is a flying camera tripod.

Disagree with that. The mavic pro camera is junk. Its terrible performance. The 2 Pro has a camera that has on paper at least massively better specifications.

If i could have a drone that does everything the original Pro has but had a camera that was actually decent i'd buy it. For me the drone is a flying camera tripod.

Won't discount your statement but I don't think that will bare out. While the size of the sensor makes a difference, I don't think the over all camera has improved by much. Don't know why I've not seen it yet but I'm looking for someone to hold them up together and see if the viewer can tell the difference. I'm going to bet that there is almost no difference.

Reactions: Elton Hammonds
Won't discount your statement but I don't think that will bare out. While the size of the sensor makes a difference, I don't think the over all camera has improved by much. Don't know why I've not seen it yet but I'm looking for someone to hold them up together and see if the viewer can tell the difference. I'm going to bet that there is almost no difference.

The 2 Pro’s 1” sensor is apparently based on the same sensor as the RX100 Sony camera. That sensor is/was a game changer, which is why Sony has used it for years (I have an RX100 MK3). The dynamic range is superb.

Here you go.

The Mavic Pro 1 camera really is junk. It’s basic, flat, and needs a bunch of RAW adjustments after the fact to even be usable. If you don’t shoot RAW with the Mavic Pro, the pictures just are bad. The 2 Pro looks to solve this issue.

Attachments

• 7EB6450B-ED23-4280-ACF6-9DD2616096DB.png
    7EB6450B-ED23-4280-ACF6-9DD2616096DB.png
    5.1 MB · Views: 58
  • D8330A18-A93F-4942-9970-40803D81B5DA.png
    D8330A18-A93F-4942-9970-40803D81B5DA.png
    5.3 MB · Views: 61
Man, this feels like Apple iPhone release from a few years ago when they are selling like hotcakes. "Shut up and take my money!"
I'll stick with my white MP for now. I hope they don't bring out a white MP2. My cc might fly out of my wallet at 72 kph!

Sold my P3P to buy a Mavic Pro 1, and I loved everything about the Mavic except the camera.. And as a photographer, that was a big disappointment (don't get me wrong, I've still managed some great shots with my Mavic).

Which is why I was SO thrilled to see the camera improvements for the Mavic Pro 2, exactly what it needed (well, wanted anyway). Placed my order this afternoon, and I'll be listing my Mavic on craigslist this weekend to offset the pain ;-)

Bought, no, ORDERED mine today. The live event showed they are in stock ready for Quick Ship. No notice of it shipping yet. Not very impressed with DJI yet.

Bought, no, ORDERED mine today. The live event showed they are in stock ready for Quick Ship. No notice of it shipping yet. Not very impressed with DJI yet.
Howdy from Wyoming @MavicMT , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

I ordered mine at 7:24 AM Pacific time. That was about 14 minutes into the presentation.

I went with the Mavic 2 Pro with the Fly-More package. I did see filters for that camera on the website, but they were not available for ordering.

According to the website, my order status is showing as being shipped! I hope they are shipping from the southern California facility. That way maybe I’ll get it tomorrow or Saturday.
Howdy from Wyoming @SoCalDude , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.

I'd say that the Mavic Pro is about 90% of what the Mavic Pro 2 is. Can't say it would be worth buying if you already have a Pro. Too me, that is quite obvious.

The camera sensor being multiple times better for dynamic range and low light performance aside, the variable aperature will be huge for me to skip relying on filters for bright light control and variable depth of focus- not to mention the added obstacle avoidance, tracking capabilities, landing lights, active trac improvements, APAS, Ocusync 2.0. on and on. I sold my MPP a couple of weeks ago with fly more combo for $1150, so the few hundred bucks difference to me is well worth the upgrade.

Just ordered because it claims there's stock. I leave for 7 months in 2 weeks time. If they're lying i'll need to cancel!

What a silly comment. The camera alone is leaps and bounds beyond the Mavic Pro - and given that this is basically a flying camera, I'd say it's an exceptional leap forward. Market-leading capabilities, but not bringing much to the table?

Ordered at 10:30 EDT: M2P with Fly More, a spare set of props and DJI Care refresh. No shipping info yet... but hoping for soon. Leaving for a long trip to Europe on Sept 20 and would love to take it.

Howdy from Wyoming @SoCalDude , welcome to the community, plenty of fine folk and excellent information here.
Thanks!

As an FAA licensed remote pilot, I'm fairly active over at the PhantomPilots.com site. As a new Mavic 2 Pro owner, I plan to spend a lot of time here. Thumbswayup

has anyone seen an announcement for what will happen to the price of the Mavic Pro? I am assuming they will continue to sell it for a few more months.
tjcooper

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vamocognito