DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Who thinks the Mini 3 Pro has hardware necessary for autonomous waypoint missions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

solidhouse

Reactions
Many didn’t think the Mavic 3 way capable of onboard missions. It seemed like the consensus was that the Mavic 3 didn’t have hardware to support this.

Now the question is: Who thinks the Mini 3 Pro actually has the necessary hardware to support autonomous waypoint mission?

It could simply be dormant waiting to be activated by a firmware update.

Many didn’t think the Mavic 3 way capable of onboard missions. It seemed like the consensus was that the Mavic 3 didn’t have hardware to support this.

Now the question is: Who thinks the Mini 3 Pro actually has the necessary hardware to support autonomous waypoint mission?

I'd put money on it that it can. Same as the MA2 and MA2S.

Must be losing my mind ( possible) thought it did do waypoints.

Topic says Mini 3. I think Mini 3 is what the OP meant? 🤷‍♂️ Otherwise you aren't losing your mind. Thumbswayup
I think you just misread the OP's post.

Last edited:
Reactions: dirkclod
Topic says Mini 3. I think Mini 3 is what the OP meant? 🤷‍♂️ Otherwise you aren't losing your mind. Thumbswayup
mini 3 pro and did think it did waypoints with this last updade 1.9.0
we had it. Though I don’t use waypoints thought I saw a YouTube
on it. As far as losing my mind it really is possible. You deal with these forums 7 years you would lose yours 😀

mini 3 pro and did think it did waypoints with this last updade 1.9.0
we had it. Though I don’t use waypoints thought I saw a YouTube
on it. As far as losing my mind it really is possible. You deal with these forums 7 years you would lose yours 😀
Just the Mavic 3 series of unfortunately. Mini 3 does the hyperlapse waypoints only like the Mini 2, MA2 and MA2S.

Reactions: Jake 61
I guess I'm the one losing my mind lol. I thought it was only the Mavic 3 series and not the Mini 3. Wow. Thanks for the info!
Wait a minute. The comments section has people saying they would love it on the Mini 3.

Last edited:
  • Haha
I guess I'm the one losing my mind lol. I thought it was only the Mavic 3 series and not the Mini 3. Wow. Thanks for the info!
Wait a minute. The comments section has people saying they would love it on the Mini 3.
Lol we both loseing it. Mini 3 and Mini 3 Pro two different drones. Just watched a video on it.

Yes I knew that but what I see is neither of those have waypoints other than hyperlapse waypoints.
It’s changed from what I’ve seen in the videos but like I said I don’t do them so really only know what I’ve seen on the videos on this new update 🤷‍♂️

edit ,look at 1:00 in that video.

Reactions: Tufargon
edit ,look at 1:00 in that video.
It's late and I'm confused. At the 1:00 minute mark, DM Production's video confirms what DJI says in the latest 1.9.0 update info, is that "video waypoints" are now for the Mavic 3 and Mavic 3 Classic. Please correct me if I'm wrong as I haven't updated the app yet, but I think the Mini 3 Pro (and the newer Mini 3) are still limited to "hyperlapse waypoints".

Reactions: BroomRider
It's late and I'm confused. At the 1:00 minute mark, DM Production's video confirms what DJI says in the latest 1.9.0 update info, is that "video waypoints" are now for the Mavic 3 and Mavic 3 Classic. Please correct me if I'm wrong as I haven't updated the app yet, but I think the Mini 3 Pro (and the newer Mini 3) are still limited to "hyperlapse waypoints".
Yeah I missed it,it’s father. About 2 miniues.

Well as the mini 2 can do it via litchi.... yes.... I've done it dozens and dozens of time including professionally... no problem. Ever.

Reactions: EkimO

Of course it does. It has a GPS, SW, a processor and memory. There is no magic here. My old Parrot Anafi does excellent autonomous waypoint missions with far less capable hardware. The Mini3P even already does a crippled waypoint mission for hyperlapse.

A clunky solution is to release the SDK and let Litchi do it. In case you are unfamiliar, internal dev of this kind of product requires an SDK already be complete before shipment or it would be internally unsupportable. This is purely a market segmentation thing.

I also miss a precision return to home; a USB-C plug on all batteries; and a lack of remote ID. That last is a surprise since it is not legally required for this class of drone; it's just DJI being extra locked down.

There were lots of issues with Parrot and I bought my Mini3Pro knowing what to expect. But I did expect DJI would eventually release an SDK as they suggested; I did not expect the unnecessary remote ID. My bad I didn't know about the lack of precision RTH; I believed incorrect info on this forum and in Youtube reviews.

Good luck! Plenty of fun even without waypoint.

Reactions: halifax
I never saw any posts making this claim, and it would seem prima facia ignorant given earlier models (i.e. M2P) were easily capable, with it quite well known that (unsurprisingly) the M3 has a much more powerful CPU and video SOC.

Who here thought the M3 didn't have enough horsepower to run waypoint missions? Raise you hands and please explain your reasoning.

Yeah I missed it,it’s father. About 2 miniues.
Seeing as I have a Mini 3 Pro on it's way to me, I did a bit of YouTubing on this.
It looks like there has been a firmware fix on video waypoints, so not just hyperlapse waypoints.

I'm more concerned about whether 'Plus' batteries fit the normal charging hub...?

Not sure what ..normal charging hub… I bought the bigger batterys and came with this hub and yes it charges the small battery also.E396A177-B08A-49B5-ADE9-4400AC523E12.jpeg

Seeing as I have a Mini 3 Pro on it's way to me, I did a bit of YouTubing on this.
It looks like there has been a firmware fix on video waypoints, so not just hyperlapse waypoints.

I'm more concerned about whether 'Plus' batteries fit the normal charging hub...?
The Mavic 3 certainly has had video waypoints enabled recently via a firmware upgrade, but I'm fairly sure the mini3pro hasn't had waypoints added (outside of hyperlapse). I Have a mini3pro and have applied the update and I don't have waypoints.

Regarding the normal and plus batteries. They are physically the same size so either will fit in, and charge, from the standard hub @dirkclod has shown a picture of. I have the standard batteries and there's an empty void inside them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeoTony