DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Who's took the plunge?

Thats one of the reasons I went for this over the GoPro, no fisheye to mess around with in post ;) gotta love a little dewarp [emoji23][emoji23][emoji106]
The wide FOV could be turned off on the GoPro but with it on it sure made for some nice selfies with a large group.

And with no front screen to help center you were always guaranteed to be in the shot. ??

Reactions: fozzzy
I don't really need wide or ultra wide angle. But I really NEED straight lines (poles, building edges, and everything else) to be STRAIGHT. I hate that GoPro look. Just tried dewarp on the Osmo Action and it really really works!

Do professional photographers/filmakers actually use GoPro's?

Sometimes when i see them in the background, i think the Filmmaker gets a commission to do this, or GoPro has sponsored the show or something;
so they have to glue them all over the place to make it look like alternative view shots were taken with them and not a
a professional camera.

Sometimes when i see them in the background, i think the Filmmaker gets a commission to do this, or GoPro has sponsored the show or something;
so they have to glue them all over the place to make it look like alternative view shots were taken with them and not a
a professional camera.
Youll be saying youtubers are paid to push products next, surely not [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

i didnt think so.

I always preffered bullet form actiona cameras (replayXD, etc)

Sad they went bust. Seems like today's 4k sensors would fit
a bullet cam nicely

going to wait to get mine. i'll buy it on ebay at 15% off the $299 price it will settle into ($250 for a refurb/open box)...hopefully later this summer. if i could pay $212.50....

a professional camera.

GoPros have been a big player in TV for a while. Though they are often hidden you can sometimes see them on The Amazing Race or Survivor.

I don't really need wide or ultra wide angle. But I really NEED straight lines (poles, building edges, and everything else) to be STRAIGHT. I hate that GoPro look. Just tried dewarp on the Osmo Action and it really really works!

Is Dewarp the equivalent of linear mode on the GoPro? One thing I hate about the Hero6 is linear isn't available in 4k or in timelapse.

I am really missing the Ultra Wide FOV more and more. I am not concerned with straight lines as much. This is an action camera so the wide FOV adds character to the shots whether there curved or not.
If I wanted perfection I would buy a real top end video camera.

After using my Hero6 to help my son with a school project yesterday I have ordered an Osmo Action. He wanted to do some slow motion shots. 240FPS is only available with the Wide POV, which requires post processing to make it match other footage. So I had to go to 120 FPS and then the slowmo looked chopping because I still wanted the 240 FPS frame rate.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS