Welcome Mavic Pilot!
Jump in and join our free DJI Mavic community today!

Why does everyone use RTH?

blackcamo

Reaction score
I generally don't use it as sometimes I can get some good pic on my way back. But once in a while i hit rth just to enjoy flawless robotics in action

geigy

Reaction score
i don't use it, I don't like how it flies so high up to RTH (i know you can custom set it), i'm always nervous about birds attacking my drone so I like to be able to watch and control.
Regarding birds - they can't fly straight up. The only way they can gain altitude is by flying in a slow spiral. So if you fly up when they come after you, they will break off and find something else to bully. :)

Also, birds should be afraid of the Mavic, especially. Those four rotating razor blades cause problems. Compared to a Phantom, there is very little area that a bird can safely grab without getting cut, and even a small cut is fatal to a bird.

geigy

Reaction score
I feel better knowing that it's there when I need it, and I use it occasionally just to make sure it still works the way I think it should.

normr

Reaction score
I fly by visual methods whenever possible and use my map to see where I am and where my MP is

Graze

Reaction score
Only ever used it to check it works and never since - prefer to be in control.

Donunder

Reaction score
I don't use it. That constant beeping so soooooo annoying.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onlineclassassist