DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

why is my dji fpv drone max altitude is only 500 meters? How to set it to 6000 meters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
why is my dji fpv drone max altitude is only 500 meters? How to set it to 6000 meters?
The DJI software locked max height setting is most probably due to a fear that pilots in general doesn't follow the legal height restrictions that are stated in most countries drone laws. DJI does this to minimize the risk for being banned from selling their products on various markets (as this 500m restriction usually minimize the risk for drones to be on heights where manned air traffic are operating).

This is the drone regulations in the Philippines ...

1648023500015.png

As seen ... you aren't allowed to go higher than 400ft (120m) above the ground ... so in this sense the SW height restriction of 500m shouldn't be a problem.

Most heights in the DJI app is always relative to the home point ... the only user case where this max 500m restriction can be a problem is where you fly up a mountain side, always keeping within the legal height above ground directly below the drone (400ft) ... here you will only be able to go max 500m above from where you took off (the HP).

Reactions: BethanyFerrell
I suggest you sell your drone and find another hobby if you insist on using it to violate the law. By law, you cannot fly above 121meters. Doing anything else puts other aircraft in danger and lives in danger. Stop asking how you can do it. It's like driving a car, just because the car can go 240kph does not mean you should for the same reasons. I think having it go 500m is ridiculous.

There is no problem with your FPV drone. It is a limit imposed by DJI.
Not upset, but curious why you would even give him that link. Clearly, he is not a responsible person.

Last edited by a moderator:
Not upset, but curious why you would even give him that link. Clearly, he is not a responsible person.
He could google and find it out anyway... My post already got removed anyway.
I put a warning in it... doesn't matter.

Whats the problem of my fpv drone?
There is NO problem with your drone. It is geofenced at 500m for a very good reason. You are restricted to 120m AGL by drone laws in the Philippines and the 500 meters allows you to fly well above that, but hopefully be below any manned aircraft.

I agree with others that say you need to find a different hobby if all you want to do is fly illegally and try ruining things for the rest of us. If I had my way YouTube would be sued out of business for allowing blatant disregard of laws to be posted and make money from hits.

There is NO problem with your drone. It is geofenced at 500m for a very good reason. You are restricted to 120m AGL by drone laws in the Philippines and the 500 meters allows you to fly well above that, but hopefully be below any manned aircraft.

I agree with others that say you need to find a different hobby if all you want to do is fly illegally and try ruining things for the rest of us. If I had my way YouTube would be sued out of business for allowing blatant disregard of laws to be posted and make money from hits.
They should be allowed to post whatever they want. It’s called freedom. However, the FAA or other law enforcement has their freedom to use the video as evidence to prosecute the person who posted it.

It’s kind of like the old saying about “Don’t shoot the messenger”. Youtube is the messenger.

Mike

They should be allowed to post whatever they want. It’s called freedom. However, the FAA or other law enforcement has their freedom to use the video as evidence to prosecute the person who posted it.

It’s kind of like the old saying about “Don’t shoot the messenger”. Youtube is the messenger.

Mike
Actually YouTube is making money from it, so they are not just the messenger.

It is just my opinion. While there is a lot of good information and entertainment on YouTube, they are making money from people breaking the law. Aiding and abetting?

Mods, I would lock this thread. This discussion will not lead to anything anyway, I highly doubt that this guy that wants to fly higher than 120 meters will ever fly legally.

Actually YouTube is making money from it, so they are not just the messenger.

It is just my opinion. While there is a lot of good information and entertainment on YouTube, they are making money from people breaking the law. Aiding and abetting?
I fail to see how the messenger getting paid to deliver the message makes them responsible for the content of the message. This is on the same level as prosecuting a bartender for the actions of a drunk. Just another way to pass responsibility off on someone other than who is actually responsible. It’s a sad state of affairs in our society.
Another way I see it is like this: Does the mailman get prosecuted for delivering a package of drugs if someone dies or whatever from using said drugs?

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roger-N