DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why should you use Paypal to buy a drone?

Former Member

Reactions
Anyone for another fictitious (not real) story?

My friend Honest Harry bought a drone from an eBay seller. The picture of the drone looked brand new and the owner said it flew perfectly. When the drone arrived, it was as shiny as in the picture, but there were no electronics inside. He paid with Paypal. What are the steps you think he should take to resolve the situation?

eBay has your back. Just open a not-as-described claim on your eBay account, you'll be able to print a pre-paid return shipping label. As soon as it shows as delivered back to seller, your PayPal payment will be refunded automatically. And leave feedback so other know it was a scam. Very often, if you get scammed by someone with good feedback it's because their eBay account was hacked and they try to funnel the money into another account. But that's getting more difficult for the scammers.

Reactions: Former Member
Just curious, do you think he should contact the seller first or not even bother?
according to Ebay you should contact the seller to try and resolve the issue before opening up a case with them. Also if the seller tries to contact you outside of ebay via email or other methods do not reply, because ebay will have no record of that communications.

Just curious, do you think he should contact the seller first or not even bother?
If there aren't even any electronics inside the drone, well, it would seem like that would be an intentional act. But I suppose someone could be selling for someone else. But to not even check to see if it turns on? You could contact the seller first, but if they tried delaying a refund in any way, I would just go directly through eBay returns.

according to Ebay you should contact the seller to try and resolve the issue before opening up a case with them. Also if the seller tries to contact you outside of ebay via email or other methods do not reply, because ebay will have no record of that communications.
Absolutely, always reply via eBay and never via direct email.

Reactions: HVYMTL
i would have tried to contact the seller to give them a chance to explain why they had sent me a defective product it may have been a genuine mistake on there behalf and could even have been an attempt by someone in the company they own to discredit them if after making contact or getting no response from them nothing is done then that is the time to take action to recover your losses

i would have tried to contact the seller to give them a chance to explain why they had sent me a defective product it may have been a genuine mistake on there behalf and could even have been an attempt by someone in the company they own to discredit them if after making contact or getting no response from them nothing is done then that is the time to take action to recover your losses

You are kind and wise in the ways of the world, grasshopper.

Last edited:
Here i'll start it for you..
There are a bunch of guys that hang out on a drone forum (won't mention this site). The issue with this forum is it's as addicting as flying drones. How would you recommend/suggest them to equal out their time on the forum so that they can get some flying time in?

something else on the subject of the use of paypal it prevents you having to disclose your card details on line and in all the years i have used it i have never had any problems and most reputable companies will use paypal because they trust it

There are a bunch of guys that hang out on a drone forum (won't mention this site). The issue with this forum is it's as addicting as flying drones. How would you recommend/suggest them to equal out their time on the forum so that they can get some flying time in?
i would love to be out flying right now the problem is where i am the weather is not suitable right now for that so i enjoy being on this forum and the spirit of friendship that abounds here

something else on the subject of the use of paypal it prevents you having to disclose your card details on line and in all the years i have used it i have never had any problems and most reputable companies will use paypal because they trust it

Excellent point. Paypal is a buffer between your credit card details and sellers.

Reactions: old man mavic

Ummm, get a divorce? lol joking

I have a schedule of things to do, and then I fill in what I actually did as the day progresses It's amazing how fast a day goes by when participating on this forum. Thats why I often work all night. Too much chatting during the day.

Reactions: old man mavic

I have a schedule of things to do, and then I fill in what I actually did as the day progresses It's amazing how fast a day goes by when participating on this forum. Thats why I often work all night. Too much chatting during the day.

A divorce.. I've been married for 23 yrs.. I get to see my wife about two weeks a month. Other wise she is traveling for her job.. besides If I divorced her I would have to support my own drone habits.. and that is kind of hard to do on a government salary now days.. :)

i totally agree perhaps its a good thing that there is a time difference between us or we would never do anything else

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan