DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Why was it suddenly "LANDING"?

but the in's/out's of Apple's protective methods leave me a bit dissatisfied.
It's totally easy to transfer the required files to a PC or Mac.
Open iTunes, select the iPad device, and navigate to 'File Sharing' in the left pane. Select 'DJI Fly' and the 'DJI Fly Documents' Select the desired folder (FlightRecords), click 'Save' at the bottom and select the destination folder on your PC / Mac - Done.
1592412164635.png

It's totally easy to transfer the required files to a PC or Mac.
Open iTunes, select the iPad device, and navigate to 'File Sharing' in the left pane. Select 'DJI Fly' and the 'DJI Fly Documents' Select the desired folder (FlightRecords), click 'Save' at the bottom and select the destination folder on your PC / Mac - Done.
View attachment 105039
Like everything else with this new TOY, ipad, it "ain't" that simple. I tried the Itunes route and get the following...
ipad reset.jpgipad reset.jpg

I tried the Itunes route and get the following...

a) Try updating your iTunes first to the latest version.

b) If you have the latest version of iTunes already installed, you will have to remove iTunes from your computer. Completely uninstall the program and reinstall iTunes. After installation, reboot your PC and try to connect your iPad again

Reactions: ff22
The simplest solution if you are not connecting to a Mac is to save directly to Google Drive or Dropbox from within the iOS files app. That works just fine. I'm not sure why the email method doesn't work.
Darn, I can only LIKE your reply rather than LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it (g)

I just added Google Drive to the contraption and was able to copy those two .DAT files there. Then open Google Drive on my Win10 computer and download the files. The only reason to do so was that in another thread, someone mentioned it was easier (that still may not be EASY) for a layman to see the results from the DAT file.

Computers I am pretty knowledgeable about drones less so and ipads (not computers!!!), not at all.

Reactions: sar104
The simplest solution if you are not connecting to a Mac is to save directly to Google Drive or Dropbox from within the iOS files app. That works just fine. I'm not sure why the email method doesn't work.

I just added Google Drive to the contraption and was able to copy those two .DAT files there. Then open Google Drive on my Win10 computer and download the files. The only reason to do so was that in another thread, someone mentioned it was easier (that still may not be EASY) for a layman to see the results from the DAT file.

Computers I am pretty knowledgeable about drones less so and ipads (not computers!!!), not at all.

By the way, the entire reason for this flight was to try out the iPad mini with the Mavic Mini and it appeared that the sun was going to make a brief appearance late in the day with minimal winds.

Reactions: greg409

I advise against referring to your iPad as a contraption. Siri is a bit touchy about that kind of disrespect.

Reactions: Pietros and ff22
I advise against referring to your iPad as a contraption. Siri is a bit touchy about that kind of disrespect.
I just asked Siri what's a "contraption' and she mentioned some Disney Show I'd never heard of! (g)

I really do appreciate all of the answers and pointers.

Reactions: sar104
I just asked Siri what's a "contraption' and she mentioned some Disney Show I'd never heard of! (g)

I really do appreciate all of the answers and pointers.

I asked, and she responded that a contraption is a strange machine, appliance or device used to do something. So I guess it fits.

Flying the Mini last evening. Took it up to its limited height (prop guards) and then just turned in 360 degrees capturing a video. Took a few single images. Suddenly, it announced "Landing" and was coming down too fast for me and right above a laurel hedge. I managed to fight it but it kept wanting to descend. Finally, got it moving away from the hedge and got it down. I guess it is possible I inadvertently hit some button or other. Also, while UP there, on the bottom of the screen, more or less centered was this red icon, kind of a half circle or grid type thing. Since I'm new to the ipad mini I was futzing for the screenshot and could not master it. It is possible while fumbling for that, I might have also hit something the Fly app took to mean LAND NOW??? Since it was just about a foot above the hedge, I really did not concentrate on the screen just the sticks. So I don't know if there was any other indications on the screen.

My first attempt at posting the log/txt file (which by the way, being completely new to Apple, did not show the .txt extension so I was looking all over for it.)

What happened, "tea leaf readers"?

Thanks in advance.
My first though was, Where do you live?" In you live in an area that requires LAANC approvals, you will need to get it for when you want to fly and the get the restriction turned off on your drone. You can find out with Kittyhawk. Or, you can just fly elsewhere. If you do not live in a restricted area, the other advice works well. You should be using B4UFly and Kittyhawk anyway. AirMap works as well.

If you accidentally enter a no fly zone , than the drone will land almost immediately and nothing can stop it.
It will land on sea /land/ roof top. .
NO it wont! I live 15m from no fly zone, when u come close to no fly zone, app will alert u, and u wont be able to move drone to that direction, so u can go in any direction and any alt, but u cant go to the border of no fly zone, so definitely landing procedure will not auto activate when u are entering no fly zone, because dron wont get a chance to enter it

NO it wont! I live 15m from no fly zone, when u come close to no fly zone, app will alert u, and u wont be able to move drone to that direction, so u can go in any direction and any alt, but u cant go to the border of no fly zone, so definitely landing procedure will not auto activate when u are entering no fly zone, because dron wont get a chance to enter it

One of our clients in Greece sent me this:

"From what I was told from the local DJI service team, I entered the no fly zone of the airport,
that extends from the airport of Corfu to the port of Corfu. They told me if ones gets into a
red zone, then the plane lands almost immediately and nothing can be done to stop it.
It can land everywhere - sea or land. I wanted to film a small island called Vidos near the
port of Corfu.

The controller stopped working, I tried to lift it up but it immediately landed in the Sea.

This is why I liked the Hitting an Invisible wall comment.

Maybe it works differently here in the USA im not sure , Not a Geo Fence Tester.

Last edited:
One of our clients in Greece sent me this:

"From what I was told from the local DJI service team, I entered the no fly zone of the airport,
that extends from the airport of Corfu to the port of Corfu. They told me if ones gets into a
red zone, then the plane lands almost immediately and nothing can be done to stop it.
It can land everywhere - sea or land. I wanted to film a small island called Vidos near the
port of Corfu.

The controller stopped working, I tried to lift it up but it immediately landed in the Sea.

I am orientating towards buying either Parrot Anafi or Autel Evo II.
Both drones do not have Geo-fence."

This is why I liked the Hitting an Invisible wall comment.

Maybe it works differently here in the USA im not sure , Not a Geo Fence Tester.
i dont think so, and that geo fencing is there for a reason becouse there is a reason why u should NOT fly 50m from airport, so its not a point that u should buy Parrot and not DJI (becouse of GEO fencing)
I live near militery airport in Serbia (thats in Europe) 15m from Red zoneso i fly here a lot. point is that u cannot enter red becouse u cannot come 10m from its border u will hit a wall and u cannot move closer i tried all
Unless he take dron in hand and phisicly move it into red zone while its on i dont now what will happen then..
And its should be the same FCC and EC version , no reason not to

If you accidentally enter a no fly zone , than the drone will land almost immediately and nothing can stop it.
It will land on sea /land/ roof top. .

Assuming you were not in No Fly Zone the RTH makes makes the most sense.
hi just wondering if i’m in no fly zone, can a drone take-off? Because as you’ve said it will Land on sea/land/rooftop. Thanks

hi just wondering if i’m in no fly zone, can a drone take-off? Because as you’ve said it will Land on sea/land/rooftop. Thanks
If you are inside a NFZ and have GPS the drone will advise you and prevent takeoff.
The confused information in #5 and #33 refers to specific cases where flyers launched before getting GPS so the drone did not know where it was anad what had no NFZ information before launching.
If you try to fly into an NFZ, it's like bumping into a soft glass wall.
The drone will not get through it.

As I mentioned, it is possible I hit the RTH trying to execute a screenshot. Is the only control fighting it with the sticks - if you don't notice it is doing a rth? It really was descending very fast and that hedge was blowing in the prop draught. It was seconds away from pruning it. It was like a yo-yo. Down/up, down/up as I was trying to keep it out of the hedge and trying to move it horizontally off the hedge position
If you accidentally hit the RTH, it should start beeping so you’ll be aware.

the RTH button on the controller has two functions a quick press and the drone pauses, if you want to do a RTH then you have to press and hold it down till it starts to bleep and says RTH on the screen another long press will cancel the RTH, if he had just accidently given it a quick press it would just have paused and waited till another quick press to cancel pause

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan