DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Wi Fi

tca

Reactions
Do you always have to have WI FI to fly a drone?

Do you always have to have WI FI to fly a drone?
It depends on what you mean by "have WiFi'. If you are asking if your phone needs a WiFi connection to the Internet then the answer is no. You never need WiFi in order to fly your drone.

Thanks.......so how do you set your drone up to fly if there is NO WI FI

Huh? Once you have it set up, you can go out and fly. The Wifi that the Air uses is it's own radio signal. If you have the Air I'd highly recommend reading the online manual.

Reactions: PhantomFandom
As mentioned by @tcope I would highly recommend reading the entire manual and familiarizing yourself with the basics of flying a drone. Otherwise you may get yourself in trouble and/or hurt someone in the process. Getting a professional lesson wouldn't hurt either.

The Mavic Air controller connects to the drone via a dedicated and encrypted WiFi link. That has nothing to do with WiFi on your mobile device. Your mobile device connects to the Mavic Air with a USB cable. All control and video signals are transmitted between controller and mobile device over that USB cable. There is no need for WiFi to be active on your mobile device. In fact, it is recommended to put your mobile device in airplane mode so that nothing interferes with the operation of the Go4 app.

Thanks for the information.......First want to tell you that I have read the manual and watched lots of videos........I have been flying for over two years....

I was NOT asking "IF" you need WiFi for my mobile device [ which is a Apple Mini I pad ].....I was asking in you needed WiFi to fly a drone...I am going to Aruba and I am not sure I will be able to get a Wi fi signal.......that is why I was asking...

I was asking in you needed WiFi to fly a drone...I am going to Aruba and I am not sure I will be able to get a Wi fi signal.......that is why I was asking...
No, you don't need wifi to fly your drone.
You could fly in the middle of the desert or 500 miles out to sea.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
melissapeterss