DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Will a smart controller work with an air 2

yes, its mentioned on the DJI web site. As of right now no but a firmware update, released in about 2 weeks will make it compatible. I was hoping this would be the case ad I have a Zoom and the SC. I was hoping to buy the Air2 as a stand alone, without the included controller but as of now they arent offering the Air2 without the standard controller.

yes, its mentioned on the DJI web site. As of right now no but a firmware update, released in about 2 weeks will make it compatible. I was hoping this would be the case ad I have a Zoom and the SC. I was hoping to buy the Air2 as a stand alone, without the included controller but as of now they arent offering the Air2 without the standard controller.

I'm in that boat too. Have two SC's and no need for their standard controller/drone package. I'll wait for the stand alone Air 2 to become available.

I'm in that boat too. Have two SC's and no need for their standard controller/drone package. I'll wait for the stand alone Air 2 to become available.
Yeah, im a bit on the fence still. I purchased the Zoom with the Smart Controller bundled so the SC is the only controller I have. Ive been able to confirm it will work with the Air2 but havent been able to confirm that the Air2 controller will work with the Zoom. If so, I still might go for the Air2 with controller just to have a backup controller for both drones but if not then no way Ill buy till they offer the Air2 as stand alone.

Are you willing to part with one of them?

Not by itself :c), when I crashed my M2P last November, I decided I needed a spare, so bought another M2P w/ SC. It only has maybe 10 minutes of flight time, just for testing and updating. I ended up fixing my original M2P myself . . . that's the one I fly. Haven't decided to sell it yet, and may have missed market timing with folks lined up for the Air 2 and speculation DJI may come out with an M3 sooner than later.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Va1entin