DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Will a tablet mount on new air 2 with that controller

Craig Notts

Reactions
I am chomping at the bit to buy the air 2. Very excited and I have recently bought my first ever tablet and mount to use with it. Looking at the leaked pictures, you mount your phone above the controller. Might there still be a way to add a tablet in this position some how if the existing slider mount isn't large enough

Probably not, however I am already working on a 3D printed design that will accommodate a larger screen, but I need to get the controller in my hands and test it. I will probably need some volunteers to test it as well once I finish it, but I also expect other people to come up with solutions, sometimes even better ones.

I hope to integrate a lanyard mount as well, if balanced right it shouldn't be too noticeable.

Reactions: Longhair2020
Probably not, however I am already working on a 3D printed design that will accommodate a larger screen, but I need to get the controller in my hands and test it. I will probably need some volunteers to test it as well once I finish it, but I also expect other people to come up with solutions, sometimes even better ones.

I hope to integrate a lanyard mount as well, if balanced right it shouldn't be too noticeable.
Can't wait to see it keep us posted

Reactions: Miss Chrisy Co
I use the Samsung Note 9 phone in an Otterbox case and it looks like this setup with accommodate it, but unsure. I was very happy to see that the Smart Controller will work with the Air2! I really wished the Smart Controller would have worked with my Mavic Pro, but am going to trade that in for a little under $300 credit after the fact.

Reactions: Craig Notts
I would think not. It would be too top heavy.
I would think that third party controller insert makers would make some that bring the tablet back for a more balanced feel. Really don’t think this will be a problem once the market opportunity becomes evident.

Balance might be odd, but I don't see why this type of tablet holder wouldn't work, possibly upside down:

medium_7f847e62-3c56-41e0-b935-44f5bf1157b1.jpg

The bottom plate on this type of tablet holder simulates the rough dimensions of a small smart phone. Other DJI controllers hold the phone across it's long dimension, the spring loaded clamp on the MA2 controller grips across the short dimension. Seems like some flavor of this style tablet holder will work.

Looks like a iPad mini may just fit.
59DEC26B-4C6B-4530-AC37-E3C5A0628F35.jpeg

Fingers crossed. I'm going to try to buy one today
Just found out the max device size, so it doesn’t look like it will fit based on it’s specs.:(
You will have to acquire an additional mount.
705D5290-4CF5-4608-B089-FDB3E9240C0B.jpeg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deepdark