DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Will Smart Controller From Asia Work In USA?

Longhorns2005

Reactions
Hi guys

I have family going to Japan and China soon, if they were to get me a smart controller from either country, will it work with my Mavic 2 Pro back here in the states?

I don’t want to get one and then find it it doesn’t work. But I would think it would ..

DJI only released one Smart Controller model. It can be used in any country.

Remember that warranty will only be valid in China. If you have a problem it will have to go to China. Also remember the charger supplied is region specific, so you
may end up having to buy a USA charger from DJI unless you have access to a Quick Charge version of a USB charger.

China is Asia last time I checked :-/

Plugs sold with the charging units are region specific according to where they are sold. I purchased mine in Hong Kong. I got a plug for Hong Kong. I live in China. I had to purchase a plug from DJI for China. Which by the way is the same one used in the USA.

Careful, with the aircraft there is a China only version that requires a Chinese phone number to activate. Given the smart controller is a device with a full fledged system on it it is possible they did something like that too, and would be best to get a real confirmation from someone who actually knows/has one.

Yes, just because China is in Asia and China makes all of these items, probably in China, does not mean that there might not be localized versions of these various items. Including plug types, contact or initial language displays, etc.

Careful, with the aircraft there is a China only version that requires a Chinese phone number to activate.

This is true. Also with what ff22 said. This is one reason why I purchased while I was in Hong Kong. The other reason was that I didn't want the Chinese version of the software installed which usually defaults to Mandarin. I live in China and have a China phone number. When I activated it, I used my China phone number while I was still on business in Hong Kong. It worked fine. My bird is registered with FAA using all my Chinese information.

Right now I'm currently in the United States for some business and didn't have any trouble flying here either. Although, the first time I powered up the equipment in the States, I had to take the online safety test before it would allow me to fly. Thumbswayup

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi