DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Worth Updating Mavic Pro Firmware???

Liveddica

Reactions
Hey, any Pros or Cons to update to the latest Mavic Pro Firmware? I haven't update since June 2017 and just curious if there are any headaches they you all have noticed, whether it be flight distance, resolution, color, radio transmission, stability, gimbal.... ect. Any real reason to update, besides a couple of flight modes? ...Yes I've checked out the changes in the release notes on their site, but looking for other pilots that have updated with real world results.
I use an iPad4 Mini (IOS 10.3.1). My App is DJI GO 4: Version 4.2.6 and Mavic Pro: Version 1.03.0900.

As of this post the latest firmware on DJI's site is the following:

Date : 2018.02.09
Mavic Pro Firmware : v01.04.0300
DJI GO 4 App iOS : v4.2.12

Thanks everyone!

Last edited:
I always run the latest firmware update. I do the same for the iOS. I have never had 1 prouble at all.
+1 and with all my DJI birds, IOS as well.

Got no use with added features just want to fly and do very basic imaging so I never bother to update anything since March last year. Flew it in 3 different countries without any compass calibration except for the initial 1,everything is A okay.

Two schools of thought. I'll add a third. Do what you think is best. Me, I always update. The FW may add new restrictions, but there is also code to fix outstanding issues. I'd hate to lose my bird because I failed to update. That's a user error issue I hold no sympathy for.

I'm feeling so comfortable with my mavic pro actually that I didn't even bothered checking which firmware version I have! lol! Not a single issue, never lost signal evne when flying very far (and where my P3Adv lost signal or started weackening!) so I keep on going with the same philosophy I learned from hubsan: as @Ricw said if it ain't broke don't fix it!
I also use 4.1.10 app as there's nothing in the latest ones I might need and never had any problem with it!

So I downloaded and updated to 01004.0300 version. Did both my Mavic Pro and the controller. I have noticed that it now disconnects frequently with the iPad mini4 using (11.3.1) whether it is hooked to wifi or blue tooth connected to my iPhone. It just drops the picture. LOS works as does the controller. The picture comes and goes. Really frustrating! What can I do to correct this issue?

A lot of people have been down the same road with the same problems, and that's why we have many that stay on older firmware and never update. Is your Ipad loaded up with a lot of apps? Go 4 seems heavy on resources so most go with a dedicated device for flying. you can try freeing up the Ipad some by deleting apps or jump back to an earlier firmware on the Mavic.

Reactions: Toaster Pilot
I'am using the last firmware always with
Firmware Module Mixing and now you can mod the parameters you want to change!!!Mavic Pro with Iphone 8+

I find starting with a freshly rebooted mobile helps clear any cached issues that may be preexisting. I also make sure my device is on airplane mode so nothing can interrupt.

Reactions: Toaster Pilot
I am suffering from ITAFUS. Inability to achieve firmware update syndrome. I feel this must be fatal for I see no end to this. The more I learn...the less I know. The more I try using advice from well-meaning Mavic pilots, the farther I am from updated flight. I updated the controller all on my own with no issues. But with the drone there is not a “one size fits all” method of updating. I ask 10 people and get 37 1/2 sure fire ways to go insane. Try to find a dji video for the Pro and you will learn how to put props on the Spark. And don’t even call the toll free help line unless your Espanol es muy bueno! Is it just me? Is it?

So it's of some note that the issues I was having are self-resolving. I would almost say the program is learning. Or maybe its because I have used my Mavic more often now. For whatever reason, the problems are going away.
My advice would be to take it slow and it will probably work itself out.

I generally update firmware at first notice notice, however the Go 4 app is another issue. I use an Acer Iconia tablet, B1-770 and my latest B1-790. The 770 was solid with Go 4 app v 4.1.15 flying the Mavic Pro. When the Spark arrived I decided to update to 4.2, and immediately encountered problems trying to connect to the aircraft and suffered almost continuous drops during flight once the aircraft did connect.

Today, I finally got the 790 ready for a trip to Oz tomorrow, and upgraded to the latest Go 4 version 4.2.16. Wow, the problems surfaced immediately, trouble connecting to the Mavic and then constant video breakup during flight. I landed and took off at least three or four times, restarted the app each time, and then began to encounter disconnects during flight. Enough, uninstalled 4.2.16, installed 4.1.15, and made two solid flights.

I am software update maniac and never had a single issue with running the latest version of any app or firmware.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS