DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Would any mini user recommend to buy the dronelink

please stop hichjacking the thread and please, if you are a mavic mini owner, answer directly the author's question. This is not a "what is DL" thread, he asks a very specific question to a very specific group of users.

But you keep implying that there are things about Dronelink which don’t work as advertised with the Mini without saying what they are. As this may influence the OPs decision about whether or not to buy the app, people have asked you what YOU think doesn’t work or is deceptive about it - you called it a scam, after all. Everyone else here who has tried it seems to think it works. So please be specific - why are you feeling so negative about it?

@RogerDH - sorry, we posted much the same thing at the same time!

You claimed that Dronelink is a fraud and a scam, implying that it doesn't work on the Mini, but now you can't explain yourself? I did answer the question, saying that what I've tested certainly does work and that I think it's well worth the price, so it's not "hichjacking the thread" to ask you what you mean when you say it doesn't work as advertised. If that's true, I'd like to know myself what doesn't work, but as it is, I don't know what you're talking about, and I'm beginning to suspect that you don't either. :(

Read the thread, especially the part about “scam” as about “fraud” is your addition. Thanks. I must say again seems that the only accepted answer to the thread is that DL IS FANTASTIC and the support superb... I am 40 years “on the game” never ever see hardware requirements like “any phone manufactured the last 2 years” :) (...but we can not give any other details except that it’s better to buy an iPhone X) . Now i am the one highjacking the thread but..

I must say again seems that the only accepted answer to the thread is that DL IS FANTASTIC and the support superb...

Not at all! People who've tried it seem to think it works well but that doesn't stop anyone criticising it if they have good evidence. As you don't seem at all happy with your purchase, please answer the question you've been asked a number of times. Which features of Dronelink don't you think work with the Mini? There's no thread hijack here as it's a legitimate question to give the OP (and me, for that matter) more information about the app.

Read the thread, especially the part about “scam” as about “fraud” is your addition. Thanks. I must say again seems that the only accepted answer to the thread is that DL IS FANTASTIC and the support superb... I am 40 years “on the game” never ever see hardware requirements like “any phone manufactured the last 2 years” :) (...but we can not give any other details except that it’s better to buy an iPhone X) . Now i am the one highjacking the thread but..
You said it was a scam and you said Dronelink doesn't work as advertised, which is fraud by definition. If you can't back up either of those assertions, perhaps you should just apologize and move on.

Well I'm new to Dronelink and to video editing, but I made this yesterday for my first flight using Dronelink. I first accessed my MM with Go Fly and found I had an update to apply.
After that I closed Go Fly and opened Dronelink. being new I'm still trying to figure out creating a mission, so I just used it in "On the Fly" mode.
The video I'm attaching is from my test flight I think that Dronelink worked great.
Pardon the water mark in my video since it's my first and I'm still looking into editing software I'm using the free version.

Reactions: pescobar61 and Nork
I complete recommand buying dronelink =) I flown my first created Mission today and looking forward for more Missions. It makes so much fun to me to plan every Mission on the PC and the Interface and GUI are awesome.
Here is my first Mission from today. The 360 Panorama is impressive too. I hope @dronelink will add a follow me Feature in the near future.

I noticed that you don't have Android 10 support do you know if it works with any phones with 10?I have a pixel 3, should I wait?

Yep!

If you haven't seen this, check this out:

Thanks for the info. Yesterday my native Dronelink app downloaded an update. I tried with my MM and it looks good. If the weather is good, I will test this baby. By the way, I'm using a Valkyo S20 tablet (Android) for display and with DJ Fly and I can't see any image from the camera, only the metrics, but with the native Dronelink app (updated) I see perfectly the camera of my MM. No idea why.

Reactions: pescobar61
Thanks to all of you who gave opinion. After reading everything you wrote I made up my mine and I am buying the dronelink. Also thanks to dronelink stuff for including MM support into their software.
Thank you all [emoji120]

I think dronelink has some good features however just an FYI if you have crystal sky it will not load. There is a hack where you force google play on the device however that is not a viable solution as errors pop up during flights which can be dangerous. This is the same hack used to get maps to work on the EVO and it works just as poorly

you can use the web app on phone but the experience is best on pc. But be aware that perhaps your phone is not capable to properly handle the dronelink. Sadly they are not giving any specs about hardware compatibility expept a: "buy an iphone X". My opinion is that they rush to catch the mavic mini market with the new SDK but these are serious safety issues :( I dont regret the 20$ if i had not pay i could not know that is a scam (for MM).
Really? Do you think it’s a scam? All he did was integrate the new SDk and tested with a mini.

For all the time it’s costing him answering noob questions he probably regrets it.

What’s more if you really hate it He will give you your money right back. Is that a scam?

Last edited by a moderator:
Nothing but smooth autonomous flying here, making maps. Gets good overlap which produces a fine orthophoto after processing.

Is Dronelink app = DroneDeploy in Google Play store? When I do a search that's what I get as a result but that app is free.
No It’s not. You need to pay at the website to get a login.

Greetings!

To digress a bit, is Dronelink available in the GooglePlay store for the Samsung Galaxy S9+?

I don't seem to be able to find it.

Thanks.

EDIT: I think I found the answer to my own question on the Dronelink web site.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Captainhook