DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Would love some feedback on my mavic movie

FantasticMrF

Reactions
made a small film 'into the woods' with the mavic and only the mavic! id love it if you could view it, give it a like and/ or leave some feedback on youtube or either here! would help me out so much and i always love to learn how to improve!

thanks in advance!

Nice footage, but here's the constructive criticism.....coming from a guy who's yet to make his own video. So props to you firstly for having done it.

1. Into the wood suggests there would be context outside the woods. Felt like it was backwards that it showed entering the woods at the last scene. I'd put it first.

2. The music suggests at least to me that something was going to happen, but we never saw it. Just scenes of "through the woods." Maybe a rocket shot coming straight out at the end? Or launching out. Dunno, but I feel like there needs to be an end.

3. Color is a bit washed out. I'm assuming there's no ND filter. Again, coming from a guy who hasn't filmed anything yet.

Good job though. Keep it up. Can't wait to see the next one.

Reactions: FantasticMrF
Nice footage, but here's the constructive criticism.....coming from a guy who's yet to make his own video. So props to you firstly for having done it.

1. Into the wood suggests there would be context outside the woods. Felt like it was backwards that it showed entering the woods at the last scene. I'd put it first.

2. The music suggests at least to me that something was going to happen, but we never saw it. Just scenes of "through the woods." Maybe a rocket shot coming straight out at the end? Or launching out. Dunno, but I feel like there needs to be an end.

3. Color is a bit washed out. I'm assuming there's no ND filter. Again, coming from a guy who hasn't filmed anything yet.

Thanks very much I'll take all this into consideration in the future! However, point 3; ND filters. Most of the scenes are really dark and have been post edited to bring in some light- ND filters would've made it ever darker haha! I DO need to invest in some though! Thanks for your advice!

Was that last scene recorded in forward flight and played backwards in post?

But yes, the only thing I can offer in terms of feedback is the differing contrasts and brightness levels. I don't know what the answer is, but they stood out.

Looks a lovely place mate, ideal dog walking spot :)

Was that last scene recorded in forward flight and played backwards in post?

But yes, the only thing I can offer in terms of feedback is the differing contrasts and brightness levels. I don't know what the answer is, but they stood out.

Looks a lovely place mate, ideal dog walking spot :)
Oh god one million percent recorded forwards and reversed hahah!

I couldn't colour match the footage at all to have an even colour or brightness, ND filters would've melted to drain some of the light probably!

I found myself having to stop every 5/10 mins to let cyclists and dog walkers go by without bothering them! Lovely place,

Thank you for your feedback

Agree with that plus more from my plate:
4. Some scenes are to jitter. I would avoid changing direction or a rotation to drastically as it spoils imperfection of manual control.
5. In terms of content it’s too much of the woods :) They are all the same at the end. It demands for some other view like from a higher altitude or smth..

Like the soundtrack.. At least it was good a few 1st shots.. I would dim more music and highlight more a sound of a forest event not synced with the footage.

Thanks for sharing!

Reactions: FantasticMrF
Agree with that plus more from my plate:
4. Some scenes are to jitter. I would avoid changing direction or a rotation to drastically as it spoils imperfection of manual control.
5. In terms of content it’s too much of the woods :) They are all the same at the end. It demands for some other view like from a higher altitude or smth..

Like the soundtrack.. At least it was good a few 1st shots.. I would dim more music and highlight more a sound of a forest event not synced with the footage.

Thanks for sharing!
Thanks for the feedback!

I'm just working on a clip that has a lot of the same elements as your video. Nice work on operating the drone.

Oh god one million percent recorded forwards and reversed hahah!

I couldn't colour match the footage at all to have an even colour or brightness, ND filters would've melted to drain some of the light probably!

I found myself having to stop every 5/10 mins to let cyclists and dog walkers go by without bothering them! Lovely place,

Thank you for your feedback

Glad your'e being considerate of others on the path. The videography is tough huh? I made one of myself on a motor scooter, recumbent trike and other fun stuff and it takes minutes for just a few seconds of footage to setup, particularly when your'e the subject AND the videographer. Lots of running. Haha.

Nice video MrF
I'm still learning a lot of the basics myself as not tried any videography of any kind until I got my mp.
Not sure if you were but I have the exposure graph up on my screen to help with tweets to the shutter speed to get ideal light, one of the scenes was way too dark in there.

You need a set of nd filters too as already said, scene towards the end on outskirts of trees was way too bright so land the bird, stick a filter and get the perfect shot, u can always take it off again if going back into a darker area, especially on a flight where you are sticking close to the mavic

I got a great cheap set of filters off Amazon and they don't affect calibration

Some really nice shots in the vid though

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bigbrute