DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Xiaomi's entrance in the drone market. DJI should seriously pay attention to their customers now.

amstar

Reactions
I have been with DJI starting with the Phantom 2 vision. Have pretty much all the lines: Phantom 3A, 3P, 4A, 4P, MP, MPP, MP2Pro. Have so far never been interested or tempted to try any others. With DJI, I have only been a bit disappointed with MP2 Pro and the "smart controller".
But this drone is very interesting. Check this out:

While the price is right, it is right for what you get and that is far less than most/all DJI products. Mainly, there is no collision avoidance on their drone. If someone wants to save $150 for no collision avoidance, more power to them. Personally, I think they would be giving up a lot. It takes a _lot_ of processing power for a drone to map its surroundings and run several cameras to maintain collision avoidance. They a years of catching up in order to offer a product that DJI already offers. I'm sure DJI already has a ton of tech sitting around to release once their sales start to slow.

Xiaomi is Chinese.

Reactions: geevee
Interesting. It does look very "Mavic". I couldn't tell from reading the product page if it's using WiFi transmission or something else for communication. At that price it may warrant a look from potential Mavic Air buyers. And it would definitely be nice to see more competition in the marketplace, even if it is from another big Chinese corporation.

At only 18mph they need the extra 3 minutes.

Still, I echo the hope that it will be an impetus to DJI service.

Um unless I missed another spec it says 18 m/s which is roughly 40.2649mph

Price plus overall performance will eventually decide where the Xiaomi FIMI XB SE will eventually takes its place in the pecking order. Looks good but form can only flatter to a certain extent.

Good luck to Xiaomi. More competition can only be good for consumers.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki