DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Yaw errors and Compass Error = ATTI mode but why? log file include

hmmm it is I do have other dat file BUT Flightlogs folder - this only has dat files that I CAN'T view with csvView it wont even try to open them when I select a dat file csvView wont do anything just goes back to the main screen.

is that normal?
@BudWalker would know about that one. I wonder if DatCon would be able to convert them?

hummm I can try it later tonite

hmmm it is I do have other dat file BUT Flightlogs folder - this only has dat files that I CAN'T view with csvView it wont even try to open them when I select a dat file csvView wont do anything just goes back to the main screen.

is that normal?
Sorry, but I don't quite understand what you're saying here. Please be more specific - does CsvView show any error messages in the LogArea pane? There are at least 4 types of .DAT files. CsvView/DatCon understands just 2 of those types. One from the AC and the other from the tablet. To retrieve the tablet .DAT files uses these instructions.

The tablet .DAT files can be tricky.
1) Sometimes a flight will be split across more than one .DAT. In this case you'll have to concatenate those .DAT files to create a single .DAT that can be submitted to CsvView/DatCon
2) Some of the tablet .DAT files will have a corrupted header. In this case you can tell CsvView/DatCon to ignore that and process the .DAT anyway. Do this by going to the menu bar and selecting DatCon Parsing Options -> Invalid DatHeader OK.

@MavicCF

Last edited:
Reactions: MavicCF
yes that is how I got the dat files off the tablet by doing it that way

Is the zip file I posted still the wrong one?

as for the other logs in the folder (Flightlogs) I have dat files that look like this:

2018-03-05 21_18_08-08RDE9M00104JW.dat

when I try to open them with csvviewer it said unrecognizied log file after I selected Invalid DatHeader OK. before that it wouldn't say anything for error codes

as for the other logs in the folder (Flightlogs) I have dat files that look like this:

when I try to open them with csvviewer it said unrecognizied log file after I selected Invalid DatHeader OK. before that it wouldn't say anything for error codes
I jumped in here to help with the task of getting the correct .DAT. But, I did take a look some. 2018-03-18_13-04-56_FLY024.DAT is the correct .DAT file from the tablet as it matches the .txt file you submitted. There is nothing significant in the tablet .DAT that wasn't already seen in the .txt file.

TBH, I don't think much more will be gained by trying to get the Mavic .DAT file. I've looked at quite a few of these types of incidents where gpsHealth will drop to 0 indicating the FC doesn't want to use the coords because it doesn't have confidence in the computed coords. That's what happened here (Full disclosure: I'm using the next version of CsvView which has a few more signals. But, the same can be seen in version 3.3.0 using both the .txt and the .DAT.
upload_2018-3-23_8-12-20.png

These incidents always leave me with that hollow feeling wondering what the full story is.

My suggestion? If you elect to not send to DJI then do a compass calibration. I did notice at time 204.728 secs there was a brief interval where the Yaw/magYaw separation became large causing the FC to indicate a MAG_YAW_ERROR. But, it occurred during a relatively fast rotation and the FC may have chosen to ignore it.
upload_2018-3-23_8-22-4.png

Reactions: MavicCF

I think we may just want to skip the DATs. as the csv. you posted should have enough data to work on.

@BudWalker

yes I did a compass calibration after that happen. I haven't have any other problems since then HOWEVER the other day I was thinking about this and one thing that came to mind was I did fly over a metal roof but if I recall ( the dat should say to) I think I was about 195 feet up so I wouldn't think that would be a problem or would it?

@BudWalker

yes I did a compass calibration after that happen. I haven't have any other problems since then HOWEVER the other day I was thinking about this and one thing that came to mind was I did fly over a metal roof but if I recall ( the dat should say to) I think I was about 195 feet up so I wouldn't think that would be a problem or would it?
A metal roof at 195 feet won't be a problem. Unless the roof is concealing a magneotron torpedo cannon.

Last edited:
Reactions: davemorts
A metal roof at 195 feet won't be a problem. Unless the roof is concealing magneotron torpedo gun.

lol no I didn't think so but thought I better ask

No, it isn't that, the yaw error shows up when the AC is around 60 meters up, also a compass error. I wonder if there is inherit magnetic interference in the area. Unless the OP is a giant...;)

I flew near a hill which had a large antenna. It had dishes and loads of gear on it and was masked by trees. My flight started ok and when i got within 100metres it went nuts. Mavic basically jumped between gps and atti and started to fly strangely. Hit rth and it all ended fine. Never flown there again. And wont.

I believe it was a tv, aircraft nav and radio tower. It definately made aircraft direction and altitude changes and mavic seemed to protect itself by initiating atti to address stability.

Did you checked the geomagnetic weather cast before the flight, what was the kp index?

Is there an App for that? I have apps for weather, wind speed and direction but not for KP. Anything that is good my O interfere with my safe flying, I want to mak sure I check. Thanks.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman