DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Should irresponsible UAV pilots be reported to the FAA?

• ABSOLUTELY

Votes: 10 25.0%
  • Mind my own business!!

Votes: 29 72.5%
  • Take their drone and whip their ***!!

Votes: 1 2.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TerryJ

Reactions
I am so tired of irresponsible drone owners who cannot follow the rules!! I have absolutely had it with people ruining it for the rest of us.
I have seen dozens upon dozens of YouTube video of people doing absolutely unbelievably stupid things with their UAV or drones.
I have decided to start reporting these people to the FAA!! I'm not going to sit back and just allow these people to destroy this industry and hobby for the rest of use who can follow the laws, regulations and ordinances set in place. I do not agree with all of the laws but I do follow them and fly in a safe and responsible manner at all times.
KNOW THIS........If you post a video on any social media platform that clearly shows you disregarding the law, I WILL FORWARD IT TO THE FAA, THE LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCIES AND ANYBODY ELSE WHO MAY HAVE AN INTEREST IN SEEING IT.
Call me a snitch, a rat, a narc or anything else you'd like. I will be proactive in helping to stop idiot's from destroying what I love to do.

Attachments

• DSCN5446.JPG
    DSCN5446.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 574
I don't see how any good will come of this. I am not condoning these idiots, but I think the majority of people doing stupid things results in nothing happening and no one notices. It seems to me that bringing attention to every stupid thing people do will just bring more bad press to our hobby. Just my opinion.

I don't see how any good will come of this. I am not condoning these idiots, but I think the majority of people doing stupid things results in nothing happening and no one notices. It seems to me that bringing attention to every stupid thing people do will just bring more bad press to our hobby. Just my opinion.
They are required to investigate any and all formally filed complaints. I reported a bonehead a year ago that was flying 25 feet above an interstate in San Diego. His YouTube channel was suspended permanently and he was given a $1000 fine. It does do something!!

I hadn't read or seen anything posted on that . Got a link to an article on that ?

Define 'irresponsible'. If operating a drone in a manner that makes people panic for their own safety, then that surely requires some sort of action, however, the poll doesn't have the option for providing impromptu dental reconfiguration for the operator.

Think the last one might cover that Path.

I am so tired of irresponsible drone owners who cannot follow the rules!! I have absolutely had it with people ruining it for the rest of us.
I have seen dozens upon dozens of YouTube video of people doing absolutely unbelievably stupid things with their UAV or drones.
I have decided to start reporting these people to the FAA!! I'm not going to sit back and just allow these people to destroy this industry and hobby for the rest of use who can follow the laws, regulations and ordinances set in place. I do not agree with all of the laws but I do follow them and fly in a safe and responsible manner at all times.
KNOW THIS........If you post a video on any social media platform that clearly shows you disregarding the law, I WILL FORWARD IT TO THE FAA, THE LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCIES AND ANYBODY ELSE WHO MAY HAVE AN INTEREST IN SEEING IT.
Call me a snitch, a rat, a narc or anything else you'd like. I will be proactive in helping to stop idiot's from destroying what I love to do.

Why dont you post some examples of what you are reporting. What "laws" are you referring too?

Seems more of a douche move than a snitch move to me. If I see someone acting the fool in my area then I’ll approach them directly.

I assume you’ll also be reporting law breaking discussed on this forum also? Flying past line of sight etc?

How about coming down off that high horse of yours and fly the drone and chill.

"I pursue happiness as I see fit. The constitution gives me that right. Our completely out of control government can eat a fat one!! The government was given certain powers to govern, anything beyond those enumerated powers is overreach and illegal and NULL & VOID of any legal authority. Remember, WHAT WE ALLOW IS WHAT WILL CONTINUE!! It's time for Americans to take our country back from this corporate corrupt so called representative gov!!"

Quote from Terryj.

I agree with the above quote terry... but this thread makes me doubt your convictions...

Last edited:
It all depends on how excessively irresponsible a drone pilot is. If he's doing something that could most likely cause some serious harm to people, then maybe I would take some action. If he's not likely to harm anyone, I'd leave him alone. It's like when you are driving. Everyone breaks the law at some point. Come on, be honest, you know you do. Don't tell me you don't speed above the speed limit? Some people do it responsibly. So I don't mind that. Some are down right reckless and could cause an accident. Those I call the cops on.

.If you post a video on any social media platform that clearly shows you disregarding the law, I WILL FORWARD IT TO THE FAA

I think you are doing a noble thing by snitching, but why stop with drones?

I think you should also take it upon yourself to track down and report ALL the stupid, dangerous, or illegal things that people post videos of on YouTube.

What about all the young idiots who post videos of street racing ? - far more dangerous
Have you seen all the videos of guys riding wheelies at 100+ mph on the freeways?
Go through all the videos of animal abuse or torment.
You could spend a lifetime trying to shutdown all the neo-nazi, skin-head, KKK, ISIS, etc. websites - I think these are more detrimental than irresponsible drone pilots.

But before you go to YouTube, why not start here on this forum? There are hundreds of videos and posts here about people flying well beyond LOS, in no fly-zones, and above 400 feet in the US.

You're probably not going to make many friends on this forum with a blatant "I'm telling!" attitude, but you don't sound like the kind of person who cares about that kind of thing. Good luck to you policing the world.

P.S. While you're at it, please see if you can stop Trump from Tweeting so much. And maybe get rid of all those annoying cat videos.

Get a life Terry. If you have enough time to play drone police you must be really bored. Find a girlfriend or go fly your mavic within 30 feet of your lawn.

The result of this will be more restrictive laws. You will not be helping to keep some idiot from destroying the hobby, they can't. You will be helping the government to destroy the hobby, they can.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmo4