DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Should irresponsible UAV pilots be reported to the FAA?

• ABSOLUTELY

Votes: 10 25.0%
  • Mind my own business!!

Votes: 29 72.5%
  • Take their drone and whip their ***!!

Votes: 1 2.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The result of this will be more restrictive laws. You will not be helping to keep some idiot from destroying the hobby, they can't. You will be helping the government to destroy the hobby, they can.

Drawing more attention to these situations only makes it worse. And will probably lead to more regulations.

These. End of thread, Terryj. You're part of the problem, not the solution.

Last edited:
I am so tired of irresponsible drone owners who cannot follow the rules!! I have absolutely had it with people ruining it for the rest of us.
I have seen dozens upon dozens of YouTube video of people doing absolutely unbelievably stupid things with their UAV or drones.
I have decided to start reporting these people to the FAA!! I'm not going to sit back and just allow these people to destroy this industry and hobby for the rest of use who can follow the laws, regulations and ordinances set in place. I do not agree with all of the laws but I do follow them and fly in a safe and responsible manner at all times.
KNOW THIS........If you post a video on any social media platform that clearly shows you disregarding the law, I WILL FORWARD IT TO THE FAA, THE LOCAL LAW ENFORCEMENT AGENCIES AND ANYBODY ELSE WHO MAY HAVE AN INTEREST IN SEEING IT.
Call me a snitch, a rat, a narc or anything else you'd like. I will be proactive in helping to stop idiot's from destroying what I love to do.

Cause you never speed while driving,or lets say, use a phone while driving !!!

Last edited:
Reactions: Blades and Kestrel
I fly out of line of sight all of the time but I do keep my aircraft at or below 400ft while flying in the city. If I hear a helicopter in the background I'll drop my altitude as I am not sure whether or not it is a police helicopter that has a waiver to fly below typical altitude limits. When I'm out in the country next month I will be flying well above 400ft since there is little to no air traffic in the area where I'll be flying. I check the weather and wind at the location and height at which I am going to fly to ensure that I don't get caught in a situation that the little Mavic will have a hard time getting out of. I never fly low above people and will generally keep to the side of them when flying in the vicinity of people.

In the end I personally feel that it is okay to occasionally break the rules as long as it is done in a responsible manner. Be aware of your surroundings at all times and make sure that you have a plan in case you get into a predicament. Snitching on people because YOU feel that they're breaking the law does nobody any good in this hobby. Worry about how YOU fly. There will always be those that fly irresponsibly and my belief is that they will eventually get what's coming to them whether it be damaging/destroying their equipment or ending up on the wrong side of the law. Just my two cents for whatever that's worth.

*sigh*
72ade2ac3e8b95cd32e6a784cdca4ef8.jpg

you are a snitch, you are dispiccable and you don't deserve to be a member of this community!

This guy has posted threats openly to the community as well as started a thread with the only intention of being negative and fishing for conflict.
I've seen threads shut down and posts deleted for less. maybe it's time to repost those rules here.
As for Mr. snitch, toothlessTerryG, anything you say or post from here on out, means nothing to me and shouldn't from this community, enjoy your hobby

I think the best thing to do if you see someone being stupid is to talk to the operator of the AC personally. It would be much better to take the time to teach and explain to someone the rules and help them to fly safe and enjoy the hobby than to run off and report them; it just doesn't help fix the problem! -CF

Seriously, get a new hobby or something. Spending your time looking for people to report to the FAA just makes you look like a little man trying to get some attention, Go out and fly and don't worry about anyone else. Why cause trouble? You obviously have way to much time on your hands.

Washington, Jefferson, and Adams were either traitors or patriots depending which side of the pond you were on.

Reactions: FatherXmas
"I have a dream..."
Was he talking about drone pilots?

Define 'irresponsible'. If operating a drone in a manner that makes people panic for their own safety, then that surely requires some sort of action, however, the poll doesn't have the option for providing impromptu dental reconfiguration for the operator.
IRRESPONSIBLE: Breaking the law!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom