DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Yet Another Best Buy let down: I had the Mini 2 in my hands!

So after reading posts and watching a few YouTube videos, I went to two Best Buys in New York, found one, actually two, sitting in a locked display case. I went and found a sales woman, said I would to but that drone, she took it out, handed me the box/Mini2 fly more combo, I went to pay and as others have mentioned this is where it all went wrong! She kept scanning it, manual input the upc code and nothing! It would not ring up! Asked her to get a supervisor, spoke with him, after polity going back and forth with him for about 20 minutes, long story short, I sadly left without it! Bottom line is it won't be in their system/for sale till the release date.

ALL spec's that have been mentioned are correct, ocu-sync, new remote style, 4K, slightly better wind resistance etc. I read it myself while I was tightly gripping the box praying the sale would go through lol.

What a let down......
I would have got arrested lol Would had to pry it from my cold dead hands I’ve been waiting for this for the last 15 years?

I wish you could have gotten it home with you. That said, at this time everyone (drone hobbyists) has to know going in your bending the intended rules at best. Acceptance of "no sale" should be met with kindness & complete understanding.
One thing I would have made sure of however is that IMMEDIATELY following a "no sale" is watching management remove ALL products, signage, and mention of the product short of DJI released "coming soon" media (the Nov 4th email).

So after reading posts and watching a few YouTube videos, I went to two Best Buys in New York, found one, actually two, sitting in a locked display case. I went and found a sales woman, said I would to but that drone, she took it out, handed me the box/Mini2 fly more combo, I went to pay and as others have mentioned this is where it all went wrong! She kept scanning it, manual input the upc code and nothing! It would not ring up! Asked her to get a supervisor, spoke with him, after polity going back and forth with him for about 20 minutes, long story short, I sadly left without it! Bottom line is it won't be in their system/for sale till the release date.

ALL spec's that have been mentioned are correct, ocu-sync, new remote style, 4K, slightly better wind resistance etc. I read it myself while I was tightly gripping the box praying the sale would go through lol.

What a let down......
Me too, earlier today at Best Buy....I thought it was to come out today!

Was at the local one in Grandville, and yea, not set for released to be sold til tomorrow. They have one in the lock cage.

:p Doesn't help that they tease us with the box right there in reach.

I received an email from DJI the other day, they're announcing it tonight, obviously we'll get a pre-sale date & the full run down etc.

But I did pop back into Best Buy today to see if I could get my hands on one for good this time, it was the same Best Buy that told me to come back the 4th and they could sell it to me but no luck! The wait continues!

I received an email from DJI the other day, they're announcing it tonight, obviously we'll get a pre-sale date & the full run down etc.

But I did pop back into Best Buy today to see if I could get my hands on one for good this time, it was the same Best Buy that told me to come back the 4th and they could sell it to me but no luck! The wait continues!
I was there today and they held one for me, checking to see when the sales freeze would lift today. I was told to come in at 7PM tonight!

I'm heading in, in about 10 minutes (it's nearby). Hopefully they'll be correct on the 7PM release as the DJI event is at 8, and I'm in the EST time zone. Note that this WOULD be 7PM in CST! But maybe I'll be lucky, they DID tell me to come in at that time.

Nice! Let’s us know what happens.
As I suspected, I ended up waiting until 8; the Best Buy people were great and when it didn't pop up in the first 2 minutes, they started making calls. At about 5 after or so, they were able to ring me out!

However, I had a glitch in Activation and will have to call DJI support in a couple of minutes. But I have the new Mini 2!

Reactions: FiLiNuX
But I have the new Mini 2!
Congratulations!! Look forward to your thoughts on it after some time in the air with it. From what I have read/seen it looks like its going to be a great drone with all the upgrades. Have F U N ! !

I got mine this morning from Best Buy, I pre ordered it at like 8:01 eastern time last night, had no issues buying/getting one and did an in store pick up this morning. Haven't flown it yet but did unbox it, seems nearly identical, as others have mentioned most of the MM accessories fit the MM2, I tried a few things a had and they all fit! Next up fly it!

Congratulations!! Look forward to your thoughts on it after some time in the air with it. From what I have read/seen it looks like its going to be a great drone with all the upgrades. Have F U N ! !
I wasn't able to activate it night before last, but it activated yesterday AM. I had what appeared to be a slight breeze out, so I quickly took it out for a test flight. I've been doing a series of the same shots every day to see the foliage change up here in Mass, so I went up to 385 to do a couple of the same shots.

The Mini 2 performed flawlessly, though the exposure was a bit low on the shots for my liking (easily adjusted of course). It stayed rock solid on the shots, no drift or movement in the image that I could see.

After I landed, I looked at the air speed data and found it was a little windy up there. At 385, the wind speed was about 15mph constant up there, with gusts a little over 16mph. No wind warnings, and again, rock solid. NICE!!

I posted an image comparison with the Mavic 2 Pro here, along with wind speed flight data:

Last edited:
Did anybody else notice in this video that the majority of the time folks were shown flying the Mini 2 it was with a old style remote? Only towards the end of the video did I see the new style remote.

The drone model DJI Mini 2, which will be officially introduced on November 4, is preparing to take its place on the shelves with a European price tag of 449 euro. The drone, which hovered over the DJI Mavic Mini but shelved the phrase "Mavic", has a body small enough to be carried in a pocket. Do not forget to like and subscribe.

VIDEO: DJI MINI 2 INFO AND SPECS

Instagram: https://bit.ly/34YLz8h
Twitter: https://bit.ly/34WZEDe
Linkedin: https://bit.ly/351eclj
Facebook: https://bit.ly/3k0qyy2

DAHA AZ GÖSTER

The drone, which hovered over the DJI Mavic Mini but shelved the phrase "Mavic", has a body small enough to be carried in a pocket.
I believe both the Mavic Mini and the Mini 2 are almost identical in size & weight. If one could fit in a pocket so would the other.

I find it funny to see posts written in future tense in the release of the MM2, but the post date shows it was posted after release.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky