DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Yo, from Southern California!

jaysen

Reactions
A big hello to all!

So, I've been a long time lurker but could never get myself to purchase a drone brand new. After deciding to scour Craigslist, OfferUp, LetGo, etc to see if I could pickup a used one within my budget, but after several months kinda lost hope. Fast forward several months, get home from church and decide to lay in bed browsing. By chance I came across a post on Craigslist with no photos and only a description. Literally just posted within 3hrs of viewing is this guy in San Diego who just listed his MP1 fly more combo. No pictures, no price, but eager to sell. Sent him a low-ball offer of $450 to gauge his range, and he respectfully declined.

About 20 min later he calls and asks if I'm serious about picking up today. Told him yes, but only at the price I offered. To be quite honest I wasn't expecting him to say yes... Plus I was 80 miles from him.

Low and behold he says YES! and I'm giddy like a 14yr old school girl. First instinct is it's probably stolen, crashed, etc but after a quick chat over the phone and an exchange of text, I do not get the vibe that the guy is trying to pull a fast one. We agree to meet and I haul butt down to San Diego.

Guy is totally legit; less than 4hrs of flight time, everything is brand new condition, and he even gave me all his info so I can try and retrieve the original receipt from the best buy he purchased from back in August 2018.

Still in shock!!!
976288ae050873f8ad449a632aa4ca40.jpg

Welcome to Mavic Pilots .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

Welcome!
Great deal you got!
Be sure to download the full maual and read it experimenting cautiously with each topic and setting... btw, you don’t know what the previous owner did, so maybe reset to default. Use beginner mode until you’re comfortable and remember the drone can’t sense what’s behind, to the sides, or above it. Here’s the link to the manual:
Also download the DJIGo app at: DJI GO 4 Manual: The Pilot's Handbook - Page 2 of 10 - DJI Guides
Finally here’s where you can download anything from DJI: DJI Mavic Pro Platinum – Specs, Tutorials & Guides – DJI

Don’t forget to register your drone and put the number on it. FAA site for this: Recreational Fliers & Modeler Community-Based Organizations

Don’t get bewildered. Just putting up for you as it took me a while to do all this when I started.

Fly on! And congrats.

Welcome to the forum! :)

A big hello to all!

So, I've been a long time lurker but could never get myself to purchase a drone brand new. After deciding to scour Craigslist, OfferUp, LetGo, etc to see if I could pickup a used one within my budget, but after several months kinda lost hope. Fast forward several months, get home from church and decide to lay in bed browsing. By chance I came across a post on Craigslist with no photos and only a description. Literally just posted within 3hrs of viewing is this guy in San Diego who just listed his MP1 fly more combo. No pictures, no price, but eager to sell. Sent him a low-ball offer of $450 to gauge his range, and he respectfully declined.

About 20 min later he calls and asks if I'm serious about picking up today. Told him yes, but only at the price I offered. To be quite honest I wasn't expecting him to say yes... Plus I was 80 miles from him.

Low and behold he says YES! and I'm giddy like a 14yr old school girl. First instinct is it's probably stolen, crashed, etc but after a quick chat over the phone and an exchange of text, I do not get the vibe that the guy is trying to pull a fast one. We agree to meet and I haul butt down to San Diego.

Guy is totally legit; less than 4hrs of flight time, everything is brand new condition, and he even gave me all his info so I can try and retrieve the original receipt from the best buy he purchased from back in August 2018.

Still in shock!!!
976288ae050873f8ad449a632aa4ca40.jpg
Welcome to MavicPilots from Dayton Ohio! Glad you got such an awesome deal, enjoy your new Mavic Pro, I love mine. Fly safe and have fun!

Welcome to Mavicpilots.com. If you ever need advice or repair questions, feel free to reach out to the forum.

Best regards and good luck,

Rob
Thunderdrones

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky