DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

You Thought You Knew Everything About the Mavic Pro

flyNfrank

Reactions

After watching this video you will likely say......."Now I Know".

IMO, this video would be epic had the mavic managed to lift up and fly off into the sunset.

I could see that coming from a mile away:oops:

Frank there is a video of a Phantom going under water for a second and then flying out of it. I will see if I can find it.

Rob

Reactions: Randy

After watching this video you will likely say......."Now I Know".

IMO, this video would be epic had the mavic managed to lift up and fly off into the sunset.

There is no end to the dumb things people will do with such an expensive toy.

Hell, the poor thing even attempted to tell him this was a fail.

Then it decided that its owner was so stupid that it was pointless to continue and committed suicide.

LMAO, that's what to learn from this. The forward vision obviously stopped it. I assume he then turned that off because, well what the heck I got this. Still laughing.....:D

I cannot find the video. Maybe it was taken down.
I think it was a phantom. It hit a branch then dropped into the water until it was almost completely submerged, but the props kept spinning until it pulled itself out and then the guy flew it back to shore.

I cannot find the video. Maybe it was taken down.
I think it was a phantom. It hit a branch then dropped into the water until it was almost completely submerged, but the props kept spinning until it pulled itself out and then the guy flew it back to shore.
Found

That reminds me of those verry old Timex commercials where they tied a watch to an outboard motor, "took a licking and kept on ticking.

So what is there to learn with this video?

When I viewed the video to its end, I said to myself I now know how the Mavic responds to being submerged under water while powered on. It also appeared to remain powered up even after it was completely under water for a short time.

When I viewed the video to its end, I said to myself I now know how the Mavic responds to being submerged under water while powered on. It also appeared to remain powered up even after it was completely under water for a short time.
Don't think the Mavic is waterproof. If it dived in an ocean, it would likely fry immediately.

That depends: If the circuit boards are conformal coated it has a high chance of staying operational for more than a few seconds, especially if the water is fresh water. Just like the Phantom....

That depends: If the circuit boards are conformal coated it has a high chance of staying operational for more than a few seconds, especially if the water is fresh water. Just like the Phantom....
There is a coating, but it's incredibly weak it offers some light protection, but can very quickly fail.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tyroe1998