DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

You won't believe this! My Mavic 2 Zoom hits wire and keeps flying!

pickett22

Reactions
I'm on the island of Molokai, Hawaii filming a horse galloping - prior to starting I did see the wires (no power to them) in the distance and set the drone to fly above the wires.
I am following the horse and I don't see any wires on the smart controller screen and then suddenly wham - my friends gasped, I look up and see the bird flip flop around and then settled into a hover. I was so amazed it didn't fall done. I readjusted the height and kept going. Afterwards I didn't see any damage to the body or props.
Kudos to DJI for making one tough bird!

Perhaps the legs only tipped the wire.
That or the height gave it recovery time.

I snagged a power wire to a building in a park which flipped similarly to yours, but crashed. Only about 7ft or so to ground though.

I'm on the island of Molokai, Hawaii filming a horse galloping - prior to starting I did see the wires (no power to them) in the distance and set the drone to fly above the wires.
I am following the horse and I don't see any wires on the smart controller screen and then suddenly wham - my friends gasped, I look up and see the bird flip flop around and then settled into a hover. I was so amazed it didn't fall done. I readjusted the height and kept going. Afterwards I didn't see any damage to the body or props.
Kudos to DJI for making one tough bird!

Quite a testimonial!
Wondering if you brought the drone in for inspection after the collision?

Reactions: CarlsbadAL
Luckily you didn't bring down the wire and cause a blackout! ;)

Glad your bird is Ok and didn't get stuck on the wire!

Once I was skimming fast right above a wheat field and at the last second saw fence posts go by, crossed a barbwire fence by just a few inches.

Reactions: Ritteng
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent