DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do you think you will receive your Mavic Air 2 by May 11th?

• Yes

Votes: 32 19.4%
  • No

Votes: 86 52.1%
  • Maybe

Votes: 15 9.1%
  • In Days

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • In Weeks

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Ordered and processed.

Votes: 10 6.1%
  • Received before the 11th

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • Just Orderd!

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Already in hand!

Votes: 13 7.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Just spoke with Empire again. Super cool dudes. They've gotten no new information and are still hopeful to be able to start shipping out around the 18th.

It's nice being able to call and have a real person pick up right away and have an informative, honest and helpful conversation.

Glad I went with them for my order, even if it takes a little longer to deliver than others. The case will more than make up for any wait time.

Last edited:
Reactions: naiku and flyhigh2
Hey guys, I ordered from DJI on 4/28. My order still says processing but the charge to my card has disappeared. It confirmed it was paid in less than 2 hours and the charge was sitting there for awhile.
Should I try contacting customer support or just ignore it?

I just got this info from DJI customer service. I ordered the Fly More Combo 4/28. Also, a coworker ordered a Phantom 4 Pro last thursday from DJI and it was delivered yesterday. It only got held up in Alaska for a day or so2020-05-07 11_04_45-DJI Online Support.png.

Amazon has been delaying orders for logistical reason to prioritize “essential products”. In my experience they often say it will be several weeks but they actually ship quickly.
In this case they are saying that it will not be released to them until 5/28. It's on the order page as a new release date.

Just spoke with Empire again. Super cool dudes. They've gotten no new information and are still hopeful to be able to start shipping out around the 18th.

It's nice being able to call and have a real person pick up right away and have an informative, honest and helpful conversation.

Glad I went with them for my order, even if it takes a little longer to deliver than others. The case will more than make up for any wait time.

I feel the same way as well, while it may take a few days, looks like it is also a few days with Amazon, Best Buy, DJI etc and so it's nice shopping with the little guys.

I feel the same way as well, while it may take a few days, looks like it is also a few days with Amazon, Best Buy, DJI etc and so it's nice shopping with the little guys.
Just had another couple of conversations with Empire as well as their distributor and it looks like their distributor will be shipping on May 11th, so in turn its looking like we, hopefully, will be getting ours shipped out earlier than anticipated!

Edit: Just wanted to add that their distributor informed me when I spoke to them that they currently have the entire us allotment in stock and will begin distribution on May 11th.

Last edited:
Reactions: naiku
I'm about to cancel my order with bestbuy and just stick with empire and call it a day.

I ordered the drone a day after when watching the youtube first looks. I see a lot of people in here wanting this drone the first day it's available. Why so much impatient posts? Don't most of us already have a drone to use and enjoy till these drop?? I really don't care if i'm the last to get mine on the first wave.

I'm about to cancel my order with bestbuy and just stick with empire and call it a day.
I prefer supporting the smaller businesses my self. And I appreciate the level of customer care and ease of communication with many of the smaller vendors.

I ordered the drone a day after when watching the youtube first looks. I see a lot of people in here wanting this drone the first day it's available. Why so much impatient posts? Don't most of us already have a drone to use and enjoy till these drop?? I really don't care if i'm the last to get mine on the first wave.

I lost my MA to the ICW a while back, and I happen to be home from work, got a new 4k display, new Lexar UHS-II card... Everything else is here, just waiting on the bird.

I am currently without a drone but I agree a little patience will go a long way. I have no problem getting mine just a little later and letting the people who get them first reveal any flaws and/or things to be aware of.

Reactions: itsneedtokno
Just be sure to do the first charge of the batteries on the solo charger.
For sure, I've seen some of the posts and videos. That would be the most frustrating thing in the world to have to go through with a brand new drone and no batteries that work!

Appreciate the heads up! Hopefully this info gets out to the masses or there are going to be a lot of unhappy people out there. Or, even better, some type of update the fixes the issue before it starts.

Reactions: itsneedtokno
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661