DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do you think you will receive your Mavic Air 2 by May 11th?

• Yes

Votes: 32 19.4%
  • No

Votes: 86 52.1%
  • Maybe

Votes: 15 9.1%
  • In Days

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • In Weeks

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Ordered and processed.

Votes: 10 6.1%
  • Received before the 11th

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • Just Orderd!

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Already in hand!

Votes: 13 7.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I put my order in with DJI on the 28th of April and it started the shipping on the 18th over there (17th here in Canada). ETA is Friday. I'm excited and in a way I'm glad the wait was so long from my pre-order to now because it's really made this moment that much more enjoyable! I've had lots of content about the MA2 available online to pass the time before I get my first flight with it. ?

I ended up cancelling my order with best buy and ordered it through dji. The product isn't even listed on bestbuy.ca anymore. Gonna need to wait another week or two.

DHL to Vancouver Canada was shipped on the 18th (north American date) and was supposed to arrive on the 20th but they attempted delivery on the 18th when I was out of the house (long weekend holiday).. Oh well I got it today.

Received today, registered with Transport Canada, batteries, controller charging.

So a total of 14 days from ordering to receiving.

Meet Northwood Air ?
northwood-air2.jpg

Finally got shipping notice from Empire Drones today, scheduled for delivery tomorrow!

Thanks! I've got the impression way back when chatting with DJI Customer Support that us Canadians will not get it May 11th. It would have been nice, though, if that would have announced it so our expectations are set.

At this point, my personal expectation is to have it somewhere in the week of May 26th. Will see how optimistic that is...

OK, here is the wrap-up of my "MA2 order" saga. The order was put in 1 hour after the announcement.

DJI actually shipped on May 15th as they told me when I pinged Customer Support about the status of my order. DHL did a pretty stellar job - they picked it up on May 15th from Shenzhen, put a "hold" on it in Cincinnati for a day to account for May 18th being a stat holiday here and then yesterday at lunch they dropped it at my door.

If DJI would have been a bit more clear regarding the actual launch day for Canada this would have been a pretty seamless transaction. The model that was sent has ADS-B and there was no sales tax or customs on top of the amount DJI charged me for the FMC kit.

All the firmware upgrading went ok, I have initialized each battery for 5 minutes on the charger and they I had them all charge to full capacity on the charging hub.

Weather is not very flight conducive at the moment so probably will only take it out toward the weekend.

If any one is still waiting or looking for the new DJI Mavic Air 2 we have them in stock and shipping fast!
DJI Mavic Air 2

A friend of mine here in Texas ordered her MA2 from DroneNerds. They were great in assisting her in selecting the drone and it shipped quickly. We just realized today, however, that the MA2 she received is NOT the ADS-B enabled model despite ordering from a US Retailers and shipped to Texas. She will be contacting them tomorrow to inquire as to how this happened and see if it can be replaced. In reviewing the DroneNerds site, it does NOT specifically mentioned ADS-B, so we are hoping that is not because they are selling non-US versions. For anybody else who bought from here for US usage, did you receive the ADS-B version?

Ordered on 21 May and if the info on the page is accurate I should receive it tomorrow, the 26th -- ordered the Fly More Combo of course. I realized later that I'd not ordered the uSD card so I did that yesterday the 24th and expect receipt tomorrow or the next day -- 256GB Sandisk (SanDisk 256GB Extreme MicroSDXC UHS-I Memory Card with Adapter - C10, U3, V30, 4K, A2, Micro SD - SDSQXA1-256G-GN6MA). I do have a number of older 128GB and 64GB uSD cards I used with the P4P so if the 256GB card doesn't show up tomorrow I'll start things with one of the older cards.

So, if I get it tomorrow I'll get everything updated and setup and I'll probably take her out for her madden flight on Wednesday -- probably go to one of my favorite abandoned mine processing places near Utah Lake (Tintic Standard Reduction Mill).

Brian

Ordered Mavic Air 2 and 128GB SanDisk card direct from DJI Store on Wed, Jun 17 at 5:50 PM. "Thank You For Your Purchase" email comes from DJI at 8:19 PM. Three days later, on Sat, Jun 20 at 6:08 AM, shipment information is finally sent to FedEx. It's picked up in DONGGUAN, CHINA at 11:16 AM. It leaves the FedEx origin facility at 2:55 PM. Two days later, the shipment is updated with "International shipment release - Import" on Mon, Jun 22 at 1:21 PM in GUANGZHOU, CHINA. It's at local FedEx facility in GUANGZHOU at 3:10 PM, and then In Transit at 8:23 PM. A day later, Tues, Jun 23, still in GUANGZHOU and still In Transit at 5:16 PM. Another day, Wed, Jun 24, and still In Transit in GUANGZHOU at 6:21 PM. Tracking still says Scheduled Delivery is today, Wed, Jun 24. Yeah... it's 9:51 PM local time now, so, I don't think so. I wonder how long this thing will languish in China.

UPDATE 1: As of today, Thu, Jun 25 at 9:21 AM, my new MA2 has found its way out of China and to the FedEx hub in Memphis, TN. Funny that tracking says Scheduled Delivery is today. I don't think they're THAT good.

Last edited:
Take a gander at this FedEx tracking history! Can anyone make ANY sense of what is going on here?!?!

UPDATE: It appears my MA2 has actually, honestly, physically made it to Memphis, TN. Tracking has been updated to show a new Scheduled Delivery of Monday, Jun 29 by 10:30 AM. Almost here. Jeez, this is taking forever!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-06-26 at 6.59.30 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-06-26 at 6.59.30 PM.png
    210.9 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmo4