DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Do you think you will receive your Mavic Air 2 by May 11th?

• Yes

Votes: 32 19.4%
  • No

Votes: 86 52.1%
  • Maybe

Votes: 15 9.1%
  • In Days

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • In Weeks

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Ordered and processed.

Votes: 10 6.1%
  • Received before the 11th

Votes: 5 3.0%
  • Just Orderd!

Votes: 4 2.4%
  • Already in hand!

Votes: 13 7.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
DJI direct order April 28, shipped via DHL May 15, estimated arrival May 20.
Looks like Canada was a few rungs down on the ladder.
mine was shipped just yesterday (5 p.m.) and via UPS (direct order via DJI store). Was afraid because of the carrier, because in my region, DHL is by far the best (typically less than a day) and was suprised, that UPS did manage to do that aswell.

I hope you will get yours aswell soon!

Last edited:
still waiting on word from empire drones(never again), it is now the nicest weather for the next 4 days as we've had in 6 month. I'm flying my MA1 every night waiting for shipping notice

Supposedly someone said they would start shipping out on Monday. If no shipping confirmation comes out on Monday, I will probably cancel the order. Dont know if the case is worth waiting at this point.

I wonder if most people lug around a big case around instead of the "purse"

Aloha Friday: I got mine Yesterday It should have been Saturday 16 got it 14 two days early . By the time I got the 1st battery and controller charged up it was dark . Did the update then took it outside and just did a all funtion test (up down L&R test) . Wow very impressive unit . cant wait to get off work and go flying
#safe #RESPECT

Reactions: TwoLiterSoda
Supposedly someone said they would start shipping out on Monday. If no shipping confirmation comes out on Monday, I will probably cancel the order. Dont know if the case is worth waiting at this point.

I wonder if most people lug around a big case around instead of the "purse"
we'll see while I bought a very nice canvas bag for the MA1 with adjustable compartments, that will fit the MA2 easily, I personally can't get used to the shoulder strap(no not because it looks like a purse :) )) . Looking forward to more of a brief case feel, but may change my mind especially if they don't start shipping.

Appreciate the reply! Well I tried....they are not accepting phone calls or online messaging due to Covid....so its email only. As it took them 5 days to respond to my "whats the estimated release date" email....I'm not holding out much hope.

Frustrating because part of the reason I went with Jessops was also to support the"local business" idea, but not even having anyone available to take phone calls is rediculous. I have managed to find out that they are supposed to have emailed me a code for refresh though.

So now I'm torn between not using the drone for days.....or fire it up and buy refresh from dji directly and then have the battle of trying to get a refund from Jessops, especially as the whole package was bought on finance and I can just imagine they will use that as an excuse to complicate matters.

I would look at Coverdrone too if I were you, my policy covers loss, theft, damage, etc. and it was just less than Care Refresh for a year. They have great reviews so for me it was a no-brainer once you take the possibility of a total loss in to account. Finally you also get £ indemnity cover in the event of damage to property if you were risking such venture, up to a certain amount.

Hopefully I won't ever find out which is better in the end!

Last edited:
I would look at Coverdrone too if I were you, my policy covers loss, theft, damage, etc. and it was just less than Care Refresh for a year. They have great reviews so for me it was a no-brainer once you take the possibility of a total loss in to account. Finally you also get £ indemnity cover in the event of damage to property if you were risking such venture, up to a certain amount.

Hopefully I won't ever find out which is better in the end!
Well after banging my head against the Jessops wall I was just about ready to tell them where to stick it, my code came through this morning and I finally got to fly my Drone today - great fun and camera was much better than I was expecting!

Will definitely check out Coverdrone though for future options. Thanks for the tip!

Reactions: Adgej123
Placed my pre order with best buy here in canada on may 9th. I went to the store on the 16th. Day after they were released in Canada. It wasn't in and can't tell me when it will be in. They offered me a refund. Im holding out a lil longer in hopes it might come in. I am also wondering if i should just order it from dji itself.

Placed my pre order with best buy here in canada on may 9th. I went to the store on the 16th. Day after they were released in Canada. It wasn't in and can't tell me when it will be in. They offered me a refund. Im holding out a lil longer in hopes it might come in. I am also wondering if i should just order it from dji itself.
Buy it from London drugs. They have in stock.

Well after banging my head against the Jessops wall I was just about ready to tell them where to stick it, my code came through this morning and I finally got to fly my Drone today - great fun and camera was much better than I was expecting!

Will definitely check out Coverdrone though for future options. Thanks for the tip!

Glad you got it sorted man, enjoy. It's an incredible bit of kit, but my first Mavic so no comparison to offer.

Thursday May 28th. Waiting 2hrs changed the order status from May 21 to May 28th Birthday is not until next month anyway.??

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart