DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Bag - very disappointed

Had the same problems when bought, but it definately matters how you pack and unpack. Put the controller first(sticks facing corner of the middle wall) then put the drone(camera should face the bottom and antennas should face the middle wall as well). Then pack ur batteries to the side pockets and ure good to go. When unpacking, just take out the drone first. Works great for me. Also then you have space under the controller pocket(for extra battery, or whatever fits in). Hope this will help

Reactions: Mikewilltakeyouto
I have the DJI bag. Is good when packing light. I'll use it when I'm out and about. It's also draws less attention than a hard case. Now I use my hard case in transport. I'd hate to have family or friends toss something on the DJI bag and crush my Mavic. Options. Need options.

Nice pack. I tried it and it works fine. I don't like the batts in the front. Seems too tight - I'd put them in the side bags.

I don't like that the control sticks might be off centre - could screw up the calibration if stored that way a long time. Need a "stick guard" which is an extra complication.

I'll keep using my old small camera bag. Can get at anything and everything is loosely packed and padded.
I didn't see where you put the 10" iPad, Marco Polo Tracker, iPad Controller adapter, filter kit and all the other needed stuff.

Reactions: AlanTheBeast
MY option my be a little pricey and larger than needed, but I would prefer to have extra room to carry more as long as the bag is comfortable and this pack is all that!!
Aviator drone backpack for DJI Phantom
There is pouches for my iPad and MacBook along with any accessory that you made need and even a change of clothes!

My Mavic also got stuck in the far too small and ugly bag, so I sold it. I then went to a local store and found a hard sided travel case that fits everything perfectly for about $15 and bought a set of colorful pouches to hold smaller bits & pieces. I am very happy with my unconventional case.

Attachments

• case2.jpg
    case2.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 54
  • case.jpg
    case.jpg
    6.6 MB · Views: 53
Same here except that I face the sticks outward on the remote and have a drone keeper AND a Getterback zip tied to the outer arms making it even wider and it all still fits in the DJI bag snug and without any issues...

Interesting. That's the bag I use all the time. Mine is good.

I wonder if they have different manufactures so they are slightly different?

Just so we are talking about the same configuration, I put the mavic in camera down with the lense cover on. The top (battery) of the drone is toward the outside/side of the bag. Controller goes in the other compartment with the sticks pointing towards the drone at a 45 degree angle toward the corner. Second battery sits over the controller. Top zips up. It's all a good fit.

I like the size of the bag. I can fit my drone (in its bag), the controller, three batteries (one in the drone) and extra propellers. I can hold everything I need when going on a joy ride. The only thing it doesn't fit are the large chargers and car charger, which I don't need out in the field with me. The bag was very comfortable to carry with me on a hike or through the airport.

I opted for the Lowepro passport sling III for my all the time bag for the Mavic. I found the Lowepro Pro Runner 350 AW II on a big discount that I use for travel which carries all my photography gear (mavic, dslr, gopro, etc.)

I packed it camera side up, I didn't like the idea of it getting stuck inside the bag and not being able to see it. I put the controller in at an angle.

Even ignoring the fact that it was way too tight, there's nowhere to put the charger.
Its all in the packing. Everythng in the flymore bundle fits in the bag. It's tight but for a day trip it works fine for me.

I love the fly more bag. It's not to big and not to small, but just right.
In mine I have the Mavic and RC, 5 battery's with one on the Mavic, Extra props, ND filters, battery to power bank and extra cables, Small note pad and pen, cleaning cloth, dedicated iPhone 7 plus, and extra memory cards.
The car charger stays in the car and the charging hub stays home.

Everything you need and nothing you don't.

Last edited:
Reactions: gastondvt
Hi all,
I'm pretty happy with the DJI bag, and I don't undertsand why do you need to carry ALL the stuff.
The carry bag is just for going out for flying, there is NO need to carry chargers, charging hub and many extra propellers. In mine, I just carry the drone itself, RC, 2 extra batteries, one pair of extra propellers, and the battery to power bank adaptor. The remaining items aren't needed to fly, so I have plenty of room for carrying my home keys and extra sd cards if necessary.
Have a nice day!
Gaston

Reactions: dsmpampis
Gave it a a go and it does slide in / out easier putting it in cam face down. However I don't like the idea of squashing in batteries, charger, etc on top of it. That kind of defeats the purpose of protecting it from knocks, etc - the extra stuff is likely to damage the Mavic by banging against it.

I also tour on my motorbike and the vibrations are likely to act like sandpaper between parts resting on each other. A few years ago, I destroyed an Itouch
Screen by leaving it resting against a USB lead in my pannier.

I received the Smatree case today and it's superb. Foam cutouts for the Mavic / Charger / Controller / Three Batteries and it's still fairly compact. Hard sided and will take a good knock by the looks of it. Very pleased with it.

Link here:

Smatree SmaCase D500 Storage Carrying Case for DJI: Amazon.co.uk: Camera & Photo

Happy with mine too. iPad mini and other loot fit in the top with room to spare:

R7SIY8vl.jpg

Reactions: GSARider
got the combo deal and the bag is just way too tight. Just spent quite a while trying to get the mavic back out after putting it in last night.

Have ordered a smatree bag as I bought one for the dji osmo last year and found it to be pretty good...

Well, It all depends how do you usually pack your gear.
I do find it a bit small as well, but wont say its junk. Actually gets the job done, its small and compact and with enough space to pack the drones 3 batteries and the remote along with the hub and some ND filters.

If you want a bigger bag, well you can one. :)

I personally like the DJI bag. I don't carry the Chargers and shoulder strap shown in the video, but I do carry everything else plus my iPad mini. The Mini slides into,the front pocket. I can't zip it but is is secure.
I did. Or ice the the bag in the video is slightly different than mine. My front pocket does not come up as high.

Reactions: radman
I used to get mad at the small case, but then I figured if you turn the mavic sideways, ie, Props towards the middle of the bag, and put the mavic on the right side, unfortunately the camera ends up at the bottom and outside of the bag. And then put the controller in on the left with the side USB facing down and control sticks to the center end up.

I Give up trying to write the description.. I just took a photo :)

I put the car charger on the right and the charge hub on the left. I can fit the house charger in too but things get really cramped there. Never need the house charger when on the go anyways.

If you put the mavic 90 deg to what is shown in the picture, it gives less rome for the controller. Even if its 180 deg to what is in the photo seems to give less room for the controller.

In that photo I actually have 10 blades in the left pouch.
I can put a 4th battery in the front if I put it under the two that are in there now, but the zipper cant quite close but comes close.
This trick was free as long as you give me a "Like" I'm collecting them. You might even think the controller has WAY too much room. I still want to get a stick protector.

Attachments

• 20170426_204407_resized.jpg
    20170426_204407_resized.jpg
    721.7 KB · Views: 42
Reactions: GSARider
the legs have the tendency to get stuck if orientation is camera UP. camera DOWN is the way to go. i have no issues with the handheld bag.

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lunatico028