DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

DJI Bag - very disappointed

got the combo deal and the bag is just way too tight. Just spent quite a while trying to get the mavic back out after putting it in last night.

Have ordered a smatree bag as I bought one for the dji osmo last year and found it to be pretty good...

Just like others it is all on how you pack it. Also if you add the additional $15 DJI slip on bag (don't recall the exact name), Mavic just slides in and out of the bag like you have just lubed it up before inserting it into the bag. :)

I have 4 batteries, controller, Mavic, wall charger and its cable, car battery charger, extended legs. White strobe lights already mounted on each leg, 2 extra packs of props, misc cables and multi SD card holder, GPS, DJI USB to battery adapter and my iPhone to micro SD Card reader, Taco ND filter pack. All of this in the DJI bag and none of it is being forced in. I basically have 2 small bags (2nd being the BT-300 pouch) that I carry with me and I have everything I need to fly the mavic at anytime I want.

I have another small bag that typically stays home Which has my multi battery charger that you can buy on amazon and a launch pad if I go somewhere like the beach to launch from. But like I said most of the time that bag stays home since I only use the multi charger once I get back to the house.

Very happy with the DJI bag and I would not use any other because of the portability.

Hi guys. First post on the forum. The bag is very practical for simple needs but I understand where you are coming from. I use an older camera backpack that I had stored for a while, its a Canon. Lots of room and you can customize the internals how you want it for your extra "stuff".. They make many different types and the Mavic being as small as it is... Well... Lots of room

Gave it a a go and it does slide in / out easier putting it in cam face down. However I don't like the idea of squashing in batteries, charger, etc on top of it. That kind of defeats the purpose of protecting it from knocks, etc - the extra stuff is likely to damage the Mavic by banging against it.

I also tour on my motorbike and the vibrations are likely to act like sandpaper between parts resting on each other. A few years ago, I destroyed an Itouch
Screen by leaving it resting against a USB lead in my pannier.

I received the Smatree case today and it's superb. Foam cutouts for the Mavic / Charger / Controller / Three Batteries and it's still fairly compact. Hard sided and will take a good knock by the looks of it. Very pleased with it.

Link here:

Smatree SmaCase D500 Storage Carrying Case for DJI: Amazon.co.uk: Camera & Photo

Reactions: Kemper
I have the combo bag; it's a tad bit tight, but Ive managed to get 3 batteries, two in the front sleeve and one in the MP.
I keep the spare props on the left side pocket and taco rc filters in the right(in its case)
It's easier to carry and no one would ever know what I'm carrying. I've learn to deal with tight fit, it's really not all that bad

The DJI bag isn't that bad, if all I'm doing is local, but longer trips, I won't usr it for the above reasons.

for it's intended purpose, it works.....I use a Go Professional hard case for transport and storage but the DJI soft case is convenient for a short hike where you want to fly for about an hour and head back but don't want to haul a heavy case or even a backpack......I have fit the entire Fly More Combo in it but it is a stretch. It is best suited for trips when you don't need to recharge your batteries.....

Once I sat down one night and decided how I was gonna pack it from then on out I've thought awesomely of the bag. I bring that little thing everywhere!

Reactions: RiverRunsByIt
The videos shared here is lacking. Is there a video that the FMC could all fit in the bag??

The bag is plenty big enough for everything including 5 batteries, if you pack it correctly.
There is also another video from a guy who managed to get his chargers in too, but that required having things touch together inside the bag, and I'd rather not get the hangar rash.

Nice pack. I tried it and it works fine. I don't like the batts in the front. Seems too tight - I'd put them in the side bags.

I don't like that the control sticks might be off centre - could screw up the calibration if stored that way a long time. Need a "stick guard" which is an extra complication.

I'll keep using my old small camera bag. Can get at anything and everything is loosely packed and padded.

got the combo deal and the bag is just way too tight. Just spent quite a while trying to get the mavic back out after putting it in last night.

Have ordered a smatree bag as I bought one for the dji osmo last year and found it to be pretty good...

I got my combo deal yesterday and my initial response was like yours, until I saw a UTube on how a guy packs 4 batteries and charger in with his Mavic and controller. I just did the same (but only have the 3 batteries) and it all fits! I'm really pleased as I travel by motorcycle and size is everything, and the main reason I chose Mavic over Phantom 4 Pro.

Have a look how this guy does it…

Okay here is the answer for easily getting your Drone and controller out of the tight fitting bag: Put the drone in a plastic zip food bag and the controller in another one. This acts as a dry lubricant and it easily slips out.

Reactions: WEOTN
I was very disappointed as well. What I ended up doing: purchased a Red Rock Outdoor Assault Backpack at Cabelas ($44) and Exsport mini hard shell case for the Mavic and controller (Amazon for $27). Best decision I have made. Here is why:

Large compartment of pack holds the Mavic, controller, iPad mini 4, landing pad (RCstyle for $29 on Amazon), MavMount (Amazon) and a zippered pouch that holds landing gear, gimbal hood/shade (UZOPI on Amazon) filters and range extender.

Next compartment holds 4 batteries, each in its own Lipo bag and DSLR with extra lens if I want to take a camera.

Two small compartments on front of pack hold charger/cables, pens, cleaning stuff (brush, cloth, etc), Syntus 60 in 1 56 bit precision screw driver kit (Amazon - $15) and what ever else will fit. And finally, I strap my Walkstool folding stool (Amazon) on the side of the pack. (I'm old and fat and sometimes like to sit and fly when I am on location for a couple hours lol).

My entire Mavic Pro set fits in one tactical backpack with room for a light jacket and some snacks. Also, the reason I chose a tactical backpack was because the have molle, which allow you to attach additional storage pouches for anything including water bottles. Sorry so long winded.

Okay here is the answer for easily getting your Drone and controller out of the tight fitting bag: Put the drone in a plastic zip food bag and the controller in another one. This acts as a dry lubricant and it easily slips out.

I could have sworn when I was 16 I heard a variation of this same advice.:D

Reactions: tictag
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661