DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NanoSync Antenna for DJI Mavic Coming Soon

That's not a Mavic flight that's a phantom 3 flight. It was posted on fb a few days ago by a guy in Mexico. Not sure why Shannon would post or indicate that was a Mavic flight when it's clearly not.

Ok, that makes sense. I was a bit skeptical by the battery in that screenshot. There is no battery combination that is going to give that kind of distance with only 25% battery consumption on the Mavic. It is simply too small and does not have enough thrust to weight ratio to carry the payload needed for that much battery.

Judging by Shannon's post timings in the past, I'm pretty confident that he is actually Tony of FPVLR or an employee. All his posts are specific to putting down non-FPVLR antennae and purely related to FPVLR range and superiority. I don't mind having company reps chime in and give their opinions, but when they start fabricating and pretending to be someone they're not, it's off putting.

Last edited:
Ok, that makes sense. I was a bit skeptical by the battery in that screenshot. There is no battery combination that is going to give that kind of distance with only 25% battery consumption on the Mavic. It is simply too small and does not have enough thrust to weight ratio to carry the payload needed for that much battery.

Judging by Shannon's post timings in the past, I'm pretty confident that he is actually Tony of FPVLR or an employee. All his posts are specific to putting down non-FPVLR antennae and purely related to FPVLR range and superiority. I don't mind having company reps chime in and give their opinions, but when they start fabricating and pretending to be someone they're not, it's off putting.
So it's a big planned fraud? I hope Maclak is real, not some company guy, because I trust him 100%. no wonder when asked about the battery that guy just disappeared.

So it's a big planned fraud? I hope Maclak is real, not some company guy, because I trust him 100%. no wonder when asked about the battery that guy just disappeared.

The screenshot that Shannon posted is ridiculous. Now that I look at it again you can clearly see the Phantom controller behind the Ipad Mini. Geez..

Reactions: digdat0

Im new here, but I think your gut is right. He hasn't added anything positive to this topic about the Nanosync antenna either and every post seems to be a pseudo advertisement for that antenna maker fvlrp even when he's trashing the antennas bought from Rex UAV. Not only that, posting pics suggesting it was a Mavic when it's clearly not. How is a boosted p3 the same as a boosted mavic? It's not, so don't make the comparison. Show us results from that antenna on the Mavic, else it looks like advertising. I'm actually wondering if the Yagi antenna pic he posted was really his own, as it was posted by a guy on the fvlrp fb page a week ago by a user who bought it and shared. Either he's that user and loves the company, or he's working for them in some capacity is posting borrowed pics in a manner it looks like it's his own accomplishment/ownership when it's not his. Like you, I don't care but alteast be straight up about it and stop using every turn to advertise your product when your not even a vendor here. Don't get me wrong, he added some technical info which I enjoy reading.. but again as a discredit to other antennas and promoting his own. I dunno, that's just what I see.

Maclak is legit. He's been on here trying to improve his range just like the rest of us and used multiple antenna and amplifier vendors.

Maclak is legit. He's been on here trying to improve his range just like the rest of us and used multiple antenna and amplifier vendors.

Haha!! Hey guys yea MacIak is for real.
Pity @Shannon does not reply in his defence.
I got an update for the use of FPVLR boob antenna with the dual booster by Sunhans.
I believe Soundwave is to stay. Why? Just to compare results with my previous post benchmarks. I ran in to a fellow droner with a P4 using unboosted panel antenna's and formed up for a flight. The headwind component was a killer today (max 30 km/h into wind, no sport mode and no obst avoidance on) could not make it to point 4 without risking a ditch.( reminder: CE region)

No1: full signal
No2: full signal, HD flashing.
The phantom had triggered RTH around 1500m!
No3: had to climb again ( yes, dronepolice) to 150m this time to keep LoS. Full signal, tx flashed a bit. After this for me enough evidence this thing performs really well. Went back after this.
Compared to tx only boost it clearly improves downlink too. Signals were solid and stayed solid. Overall slight better performance than tx only boost. Keeping LoS is a pain around here at distance.

Conclusion: the bigass sunhans like its little golden bro WILL perform kickass with a good antenna.
I will also hook it up to the Nanosync when i can find a way to mount it properly but need a spare booster in case the Nano turns out to be a booster- killer.

I still need to make 1 more rg58 to replace the thin cable (oh, this cable is wonderful quality!!) but ran out of correct connector type.
IMPORTANT NOTE: do not use connector adapters as @CyberNate also mentioned before if possible. They WILL reduce your signal significantly (i ran into this several times and i did not use cheap ones)!
20170517_220344.jpg20170517_220214.jpg

Edit: still did not charge the 3s 1300mAh lipo. After more than 2 hours of flight all 3 cells read 4.15v!! The big booster uses slightly more than the little one but still very little drain.

Last edited:
Haha!! Hey guys yea MacIak is for real.
Pity @Shannon does not reply in his defence.
I got an update for the use of FPVLR boob antenna with the dual booster by Sunhans.
I believe Soundwave is to stay. Why? Just to compare results with my previous post benchmarks. I ran in to a fellow droner with a P4 using unboosted panel antenna's and formed up for a flight. The headwind component was a killer today (max 30 km/h into wind, no sport mode and no obst avoidance on) could not make it to point 4 without risking a ditch.( reminder: CE region)

No1: full signal
No2: full signal, HD flashing.
The phantom had triggered RTH around 1500m!
No3: had to climb again ( yes, dronepolice) to 150m this time to keep LoS. Full signal, tx flashed a bit. After this for me enough evidence this thing performs really well. Went back after this.
Compared to tx only boost it clearly improves downlink too. Signals were solid and stayed solid. Overall slight better performance than tx only boost. Keeping LoS is a pain around here at distance.

Conclusion: the bigass sunhans like its little golden bro WILL perform kickass with a good antenna.
I will also hook it up to the Nanosync when i can find a way to mount it properly but need a spare booster in case the Nano turns out to be a booster- killer.

I still need to make 1 more rg58 to replace the thin cable (oh, this cable is wonderful quality!!) but ran out of correct connector type.
IMPORTANT NOTE: do not use connector adapters as @CyberNate also mentioned before if possible. They WILL reduce your signal significantly (i ran into this several times and i did not use cheap ones)!
View attachment 13053View attachment 13054

Edit: still did not charge the 3s 1300mAh lipo. After more than 2 hours of flight all 3 cells read 4.15v!! The big booster uses slightly more than the little one but still very little drain.
Just what I needed to hear.
Anything specific when you ordered the boob antenna from flvlr, im sold on the antenna just want to order the right things the first time.

That's great news Maclak!

I too seem to have reached my limit as far as RF LOS is concerned. I have also trees and buildings in between me and my copter once I'm getting about half of my current capable distance with the boosted patches. That is hurting my range now.
I did some calculations as far as RF LOS and it seems if I can get my controller and/or antennas about 3 meters or so off the ground I would be able to get the much need RF LOS I need to go further. I was thinking about getting on my roof and giving it a go but I decided to try some 3 meter low loss lmr400 cable extensions on a 4 meters fiberglass pole. I should have these cables tomorrow and I will be ready for more tests this weekend. It really kills the portability of it but it sure is fun pushing your limits and achieving personal goals. Oh and BTW, good find about Shannon. I'm sure there are more like him/her on here secretly promoting their products in the wrong ways. Good day everyone!

I've read this entire thread, and I have to say it's been hijacked and made into something awesome! Nice job guys, and I'm looking forward to some more flight test from all the guys who are really boosting their controllers. [:

Yea, and we all suffer from Stockholm syndrome;).
@Hyprmtr
I was thinking to do something like this. Install antenna system on the roof and place a dedicated battlestation for home use.
@Natedoggz
Just tell the store owner that it's a mavic custom build. Then he will only solder the connectors instead of cables on the antenna. This helps if you want to decide for yourself how you want to run them. But the unmodified one could also work and less loss due to extra connector.

Reactions: Natedoggz
Yea, and we all suffer from Stockholm syndrome;).
@Hyprmtr
I was thinking to do something like this. Install antenna system on the roof and place a dedicated battlestation for home use.

I have a 1.3ghz ground station with a 5.8ghz repeater in my attic for my LR planes. The 1.3ghz works very well as it can easily penetrate the wood and shingles on the roof. I have thought about putting a high gain yagi or parabolic antenna in the attic for my Mavic. The small beam width would most likely be able to penetrate the roof from inside but if I wanted to fly in other directions I would have to make the antenna mount on a swivel. This is one reason my I like the small patch antennas so much because the beam width is approximately 60 degrees. Where the yagi or parabolic antenna would be at or less that 20 degrees but would be much more concentrated and more likely to penetrate obstacles but more difficult to aim. I even thought about setting up an antenna tracker with a small 5.8ghz 200mw AIO Vtx on top of the Mavic and piggybacking the 2.4ghz Mavic controller antennas on the tracker. It would add about 10g of extra weight to the Mavic and some wind resistance though.(see attached picture of the AIO unit on top of the Mavic)
I'm not at my end of ideas for this project by no means. If the new LMR400 cables prove to be as low loss as I expect, I might try an even longer set of extension cables. It would be nice to make a 2.4ghz repeater system like many use on UHF systems but I'm not so sure that is possible with the Mavic as the receiver is built into one of the PCBs.

I really screwed that post up! Lol! Here is my message:

I have a 1.3ghz ground station with a 5.8ghz repeater in my attic for my LR planes. The 1.3ghz works very well as it can easily penetrate the wood and shingles on the roof. I have thought about putting a high gain yagi or parabolic antenna in the attic for my Mavic. The small beam width would most likely be able to penetrate the roof from inside but if I wanted to fly in other directions I would have to make the antenna mount on a swivel. This is one reason my I like the small patch antennas so much because the beam width is approximately 60 degrees. Where the yagi or parabolic antenna would be at or less that 20 degrees but would be much more concentrated and more likely to penetrate obstacles but more difficult to aim. I even thought about setting up an antenna tracker with a small 5.8ghz 200mw AIO Vtx on top of the Mavic and piggybacking the 2.4ghz Mavic controller antennas on the tracker. It would add about 10g of extra weight to the Mavic and some wind resistance though.(see attached picture of the AIO unit on top of the Mavic)
I'm not at my end of ideas for this project by no means. If the new LMR400 cables prove to be as low loss as I expect, I might try an even longer set of extension cables. It would be nice to make a 2.4ghz repeater system like many use on UHF systems but I'm not so sure that is possible with the Mavic as the receiver is built into one of the PCBs.

Attachments

• IMG_1001.JPG
    IMG_1001.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 62
Reactions: Natedoggz
I really screwed that post up! Lol! Here is my message:

Sounds like this thread is gonna stay active for a while.
What i would like to know is : which one of the cables inside the mavic is the one going to the tx antenna of the mavic? And...can we get rid if the wifi unit behind the rear led and replace it by a small booster coupled to an external antenna sticking out the rear bottom?

What i would like to know is : which one of the cables inside the mavic is the one going to the tx antenna of the mavic? And...can we get rid if the wifi unit behind the rear led and replace it by a small booster coupled to an external antenna sticking out the rear bottom?

From my research, the right front leg on the Mavic is the video transmitting antenna. One coax is gray on the other is black. So just follow the corresponding color to the u.fl connector on the PCB inside. Soon, I plan on taking the bottom heat sink off one of my Mavics and testing the video transmitter power output. I've been curious about this for a while. I will post my findings as soon as I measure it.

I suppose it wouldn't hurt to disconnect and remove the wifi unit and see if it triggers any warnings or codes. I may try that also.

Ken

im not sure about getting rid of the wifi antenna on the back of the mavic, that module includes a barometric pressure sensor, if you take it out, you might get some error message and might not able to take off
If I'm not mistaken.

Last edited:
im not sure about getting rid of the wifi antenna on the back of the mavic, that module includes a barometric pressure sensor, if you take it out, you might get some error message and might not able to take off
If I'm not mistaken.

That's right. I just looked up a photo of the wifi board and there sits the barometric pressure sensor. Thanks for the heads up.

Ken

Attachments

• 33BFCCC7-0C1B-41E7-99AE-138E5D4EF265-4823-000008BC9D15EF78.jpeg
    33BFCCC7-0C1B-41E7-99AE-138E5D4EF265-4823-000008BC9D15EF78.jpeg
    68.9 KB · Views: 50
IMG_1170.JPG IMG_1170.JPG IMG_1171.JPG IMG_1172.JPG Here are my finished amplified patch antennas I've been working on and having great results with. They now have the battery, switch and regulator built in the one assembly.
This amplified patch antenna can be used on any 2.4ghz(max 100mw input) radio with a RP-SMA connector. I will use it occasionally on my Taranis also. The internal battery is a 1s 1300 mah lipo that runs through a 5v 1.5a boost regulator for the amp. There is a port on top for battery charging. When using these with the Mavic, the output on the Tx side is 320mw(+/-5mw)and the Rx side has a gain of 10dbi(+/- 1-2dbi. The batteries will last about 5 flights before needing a recharge. Other radios may use more power all dependent on initial power input. The more power input the more the output power and battery usage. When using these amplified antennas with the Mavic controller, the amps only sip battery power as the initial power input to the amp is only around 40mw(FCC).

anyway, if you want to try and remove it
257c579d771e790603cb79d809dc2263.jpg

the orange indicates in and out wifi transmission signals, the red is electronic data flow ribbon cable ( remove the cable lock carefully and slide it out, it tends to break easily)
and have a test flight, the bird might get error message or might be climbing to infinity as it detects no pressure so it might want to climb higher or lower if it able to take off.

anyway, if you want to try and remove it
257c579d771e790603cb79d809dc2263.jpg

the orange indicates in and out wifi transmission signals, the red is electronic data flow ribbon cable ( remove the cable lock carefully and slide it out, it tends to break easily)
and have a test flight, the bird might get error message or might be climbing to infinity as it detects no pressure so it might want to climb higher or lower if it able to take off.

No, removing the baro wouldn't be a good idea. It may not even take off. I will not try this. Lol

Ken

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrock