DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

NanoSync Antenna for DJI Mavic Coming Soon

What range are they getting in built up area? Im only getting 0.3 miles max at the minute with stock antenna where i live before i loose signal, when will they be realised for sale and at what price?
Many thanks

What range are they getting in built up area? Im only getting 0.3 miles max at the minute with stock antenna where i live before i loose signal, when will they be realised for sale and at what price?
Many thanks

You WILL keep horrible range in built up area if you try to beam the signal through trees or buildings.
The most common mistake made by people buying this kind of stuff at toy stores as "1st drone" is NOT keeping radio LoS. Your drone needs to be able to see your radio unobstructed.
Boosted or not, you need LoS!! Some trees can be forgiving but still will reduce signal.
Back to Nanosync: unboosted i had not much better results than stock. This was in my area, results will vary.
I have beta-tested the MAXXUAV boosted Nanosync in CE region. Both in congested area as well as "less" polluted. (Always those darn celltowers, cannot avoid those).
The mounting system is elegant and robust (the Final version looks even better).
The signal: stock i ran out of signal (RC first) around 4km. This is conform the mavic specs under ideal conditions in this region so still good. But be reminded, there are folks with stock rc systems in FCC region that have gone beyond 40.000'!
With the boosted Nanosync on the same route i reached 8670m with a battery mod and still had 100% RC and 60% HD signal, solid. That is what the system does.
In areas with high interference both sides will suffer some depending on the source. This is different for every area. Still it will perform much better than stock giving you confidence and a solid signal. Also the remote stays fairly compact (will not fit the mavic bag though).
Jake cares alot about his products and customers, something that becomes rare these days. And with the policy he offers: go for it id say.
If you read back in this thread you ll see im not the most easy-going person around and Jack had to deal with me..this post is not meant as advertisement, just my findings about the system Jack offers and the quality of CS that is hard to find nowadays.
If anyone has questions just shoot..

Reactions: mel69hash
This is in LOS cant understand why im not getting further, yes ive read this whole thread and know your critical about your equipment lol... if you recommend it then i might consider buying it... i was thinking of doing your mod with 2 boosters and fpvl antennas...

Attachments

• IMG_6472.PNG
    IMG_6472.PNG
    2.1 MB · Views: 63
Reactions: sprtbkrydr
It sux living in NC and owning a Drone. Be nice if we had some wide open flat land like they have down south or out in the mid west.

I have beta-tested the MAXXUAV boosted Nanosync in CE region. Both in congested area as well as "less" polluted. (Always those darn celltowers, cannot avoid those).
The mounting system is elegant and robust (the Final version looks even better).
The signal: stock i ran out of signal (RC first) around 4km. This is conform the mavic specs under ideal conditions in this region so still good. But be reminded, there are folks with stock rc systems in FCC region that have gone beyond 40.000'!

@Unknown Caller has gone out over 55,000 ft with Stock Antenna. FCC transmit power makes a huge difference. Regarding how one would only get .5 miles, the orientation of the controller and antenna is very important. I think many don't realize that the flat part of the antenna should be facing the craft. Drawing a line through the length of the antenna, that line should be perpendicular to the direction of the craft. The controller should also be facing the craft.

think many don't realize that the flat part of the antenna should be facing the craft. Drawing a line through the length of the antenna, that line should be perpendicular to the direction of the craft. The controller should also be facing the craft.

Yep, still have around 0.5 miles in urban area with LOS in EU :) Controller doesn't complain about interference, I'm on the roof. Countryside it's better around 1 mile. I definitely need more tx power. I read this thread but can somebody just confirm that a new NanoSync kit is coming with amplifier? Or is it just a mount System for the NanoSync and the Sunhans amp?

Yep, still have around 0.5 miles in urban area with LOS in EU :) Controller doesn't complain about interference, I'm on the roof. Countryside it's better around 1 mile. I definitely need more tx power. I read this thread but can somebody just confirm that a new NanoSync kit is coming with amplifier? Or is it just a mount System for the NanoSync and the Sunhans amp?

The new Nanosync bundle comes with 2 Sunhams amps with small battery which are all mounted nicely under the controller.

How can we keep LoS when we live right in the middle of nothing but trees??
That's for you to figure out. But don't blame the equipment.
Some people live in the middle of major NFZ or in between high-rise.
IF you live in the middle of a pineforest then you're surely out of luck.

This is in LOS cant understand why im not getting further, yes ive read this whole thread and know your critical about your equipment lol... if you recommend it then i might consider buying it... i was thinking of doing your mod with 2 boosters and fpvl antennas...
In that picture, if you d draw a straight line from homepoint to the position of mavic: how far and how high is the nearest structure from homepoint?

Awww right about 50 meters away and 8 hight
Ok. Assuming you're at the blue spot. Those 2 arrows to the right. Look more like 10m away. Say also 8 high..you'd need 256m altitude to clear those when the mavic is on the pic location.
I suggest you go to an open field and test the range there.

Ok. Assuming you're at the blue spot. Those 2 arrows to the right. Look more like 10m away. Say also 8 high..you'd need 256m altitude to clear those when the mavic is on the pic location.
I suggest you go to an open field and test the range there.
Ill try moving over to the field later and see if it helps any, thanks for your help

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NotSure