DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pre-order and Shipping Times - Who Will Get the Mavic First?

We're likely to start seeing them hit store shelves in a week or so, of course in limited quantities yet still adding fuel to the fire for those anxiously awaiting word on their online orders.

Latest from E Zee after another squeaky wheel request for update: "No updates yet, Dji is shipping all their personal orders along with Newegg as they are the sellers on there as well"

Latest from E Zee after another squeaky wheel request for update: "No updates yet, Dji is shipping all their personal orders along with Newegg as they are the sellers on there as well"
What does that mean exactly? E Zee is scheduled to deliver a lot of orders on Nov. 2 and if they know they can't (and have probably known that for a while) why haven't they communicated with their customers or at least advised Amazon? (rhetorical question of course)

Last edited:
I too order from EZ via Amazon and I'm sitting here wondering what prompted me to do so. I order crap from Amazon almost every day work & personal items. When I ordered the Mavic I truly don't remember selecting a re seller/vendor or I surely would have chosen DJI. I think that after adding the Mavic to my cart I was automatically assigned to EZ.

yeah i've done that also...im sorry to say that if that guy is really getting simple responses like that from a 3rd party seller you might want to back down man...that is definitely not professional and i honestly feel bad for you if youve gotten the shaft after thinking you had something ordered from an honest dealer...i hope im wrong honestly...but if you contacted the seller directly and that's all that person had to say i don't see the results being good...you might want to cancel that before he charges you for a mavic and then sends you a ten dollar drone...i know it will suck to be back in line again and you can keep that order...but that just does not seem right in my gut anyways...my dealer is @Advexure and i promise you if you cancel they will get it to you as soon as possible...i am not advertising for them...i just trust them and i don't want you ripped off...keep contacting them and if you keep getting ripped off answers like that then i'd contact amazon and forward them that information...make them investigate that cuz that's terrible service...do all you can do before you cancel but don't sit on it...being in the back of the line sucks cuz i'm in the back too...but it's better than being ripped off

What?

I was a bit concerned at first when i place my order but i checked out the sellers info and they have good ratings so i am not worried plus they have been very responsive to my questions so to me that is a good sign. If anything were to happen at least i have Amazon to back me up to get my money back if things do not pan out. I was hoping for a fast ship time but it is understandable when demand is high and DJI just can not keep up.

Reactions: dacasti
I was a bit concerned at first when i place my order but i checked out the sellers info and they have good ratings so i am not worried plus they have been very responsive to my questions so to me that is a good sign. If anything were to happen at least i have Amazon to back me up to get my money back if things do not pan out. I was hoping for a fast ship time but it is understandable when demand is high and DJI just can not keep up.
If you ordered through Amazon then you won't be charged anything before shipment, I don't believe that Amazon allows Marketplace vendors to do that. There may have been an authorization hold but you shouldn't have actually been charged.

If you ordered through Amazon then you won't be charged anything before shipment, I don't believe that Amazon allows Marketplace vendors to do that. There may have been an authorization hold but you shouldn't have actually been charged.
No charges yet since it was a pre order which is great thing about pre ordering thru amazon.

I notice that for new Mavic orders Amazon has dropped Dec 1 and now simply says 'we'll email you when available ' and Apple has been stuck at '6-7 weeks' regardless of how much time has gone by. Basically they don't even want to guess anymore and who can blame them.

Yet go to the DJI Store and they'll be happy to let you order one with no notification or warning of delay! (at least all the way through the checkout stage, they may say something after you pay but I didn't want to spend $999 to find out.) Either very incompetent or very dishonest, you can choose.

Great product and terrible company is how i define it
The best and the worst in the same room.
Seems incompatible but guess what... here they are...

Great product and terrible company is how i define it.
Yep. Hard to argue against the technical superiority of DJI products, right now at least. But that's lucky for them because if they weren't in that position they are just so terrible to deal with otherwise that they would be out of business in a heartbeat. Eventually the competition will catch up and DJI had better have cleaned up their act by then or... bye bye.

Because there are no delivery dates almost everywhere, and because i order the mavic on amazon UK, and they continue to say they deliver at 3NOV, i also decided to talk with them today.

Perhaps who have a delivery date only in December would like to consider buy from them. Here is the transcript of my conversation.

Let us see if everything goes as planned as she see same as i see :)

upload_2016-10-30_17-12-59.png

Reactions: Brubaker
Well that's good news in that there is at least some hope vendors might have some to ship next week.

Last edited:
Hi everyone, i am about to order my Mavic Pro, Any recommendations of where to order? just from DJI website?
And do you think i will have any chance of receiving before 2017?
I live in Texas

After reading and actively being part of these 120+ pages, it's time for me to bid all of you farewell as my mavic pro and flymore combo arrived yesterday. I wish you all speedy deliveries and safe flights always!

14890428_10153885708786496_236272264476972155_o.jpg

14882230_10153885709176496_7740005574377815545_o.jpg

14902746_10153885708931496_1427296010733863723_o.jpg
Where and when did you order yours? Good luck with it!

At one point I was thinking: "Hm, maybe I should just buy the karma, at least I'll have a gopro and a gimball"
Then today I saw this video...
Lol, thanks for that, very entertaining and we can use the comic relief. Also a little disappointing, even as DJI fans I think we were all hoping for better than that from GoPro as competition makes everyone better.

Reactions: dontic
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrock