DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Skins for Mavic.

I couldn't decide on a skin for my MP and ended up doing decals. Flag and lettering by Dylan Young. Punisher decals courtesy of my wife's new Cameo 3 printer. Overall, I'm happy how it came out.

Edit: Came home to my Nanuk 920 case decked out with the Mavic Pro logo. My wife is out of control with her new vinyl cutter.

Attachments

• IMG_1287.JPG
    IMG_1287.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 491
  • IMG_1293.JPG
    IMG_1293.JPG
    931.5 KB · Views: 467
  • IMG_1294.JPG
    IMG_1294.JPG
    849.2 KB · Views: 457
  • IMG_1295.JPG
    IMG_1295.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 492
  • IMG_1297.JPG
    IMG_1297.JPG
    947 KB · Views: 482
  • IMG_0225.JPG
    IMG_0225.JPG
    401 KB · Views: 335
Last edited:
Is there any opinion on which wrap is the best?

Do the various sellers I've read here all cover the mavic corners, are they all 3m, high grade film?

I'm looking for a plain gloss finish, probably black so it's easy to see against the sky.

Thanks.

Thanks for the heads up. I already found exactly what I was looking for.

All Black Mavic Pro (pics)

IMG_9524.jpg
Is this the Matt black from dronewrap?

Thanks.

The Dronewrap skin covers much more than Decalgirl's skin with edge to edge coverage on the majority of panels and the area around the gimbal which Deacalgirl's skin doesn't cover. Decalgirl leaves a gap at the edge of many panels and the battery.
Dronewrap use 3M Wrap Film 1080 which is thinner/lighter than the 3M Controltac that Decalgirl use.

Reactions: Wrapgrade
I'm waiting on a dronewrap Madagascar white to arrive. It got to the UK very quickly but is now sat in Coventry customs awaiting clearance. I did some googling, some people have waited up to 8 weeks for stuff to clear :(

Reactions: Pp09nlk2n
I'm waiting on a dronewrap Madagascar white to arrive. It got to the UK very quickly but is now sat in Coventry customs awaiting clearance. I did some googling, some people have waited up to 8 weeks for stuff to clear :(
About 4 days for mine last week. Then got stung for VAT and the parcel force collection fee. Another £27.

Reactions: NeilT
I'm still very tempted by DroneWrap but I have to be honest, the cost of actually getting it the UK and then the raffle of whether or not I get stung by other charges when it actually gets here is putting me off...

Is there any opinion on which wrap is the best?

Do the various sellers I've read here all cover the mavic corners, are they all 3m, high grade film?

I'm looking for a plain gloss finish, probably black so it's easy to see against the sky.

Thanks.
dronewrap from japan is the best. a bit expensive but worth it.

About 4 days for mine last week. Then got stung for VAT and the parcel force collection fee. Another £27.

Still waiting. Not had an email yet, I'm guessing that's how they contacted you to pay the fee? I don't mind paying if that's the case just want the bloody wrap now!

Still waiting. Not had an email yet, I'm guessing that's how they contacted you to pay the fee? I don't mind paying if that's the case just want the bloody wrap now!
Parcelforce tracking worked with the original tracking number so could see what was going on. Parcel was delivered to a neighbor even though it had been marked no delivery without payment. The demand for payment arrived next day saying that the wrap would be delivered when paid!

Just finished mine from decalgirl. Took around 1 hour taking my time and using little heat. Like the color I went with since it mixes in with the original body color.
a5248774db6ddee5ff98863c94510c09.jpg
a8c6768d3b71bcf98677b3c51673f2bf.jpg

Reactions: dangerm0us
Just finished mine from decalgirl. Took around 1 hour taking my time and using little heat. Like the color I went with since it mixes in with the original body color.
a5248774db6ddee5ff98863c94510c09.jpg
a8c6768d3b71bcf98677b3c51673f2bf.jpg
Looks good! Why did you have to use heat? I had no problem with my decalgirl skin just peeling and sticking. Nothings lifted yet and its been about a month.

Looks good! Why did you have to use heat? I had no problem with my decalgirl skin just peeling and sticking. Nothings lifted yet and its been about a month.

It's just always good to use it I believe. But also felt the need in some of the folds and curves. Nothing major for sure. Glad to hear yours is doing well as I hope no issues from mine. Thanks

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones